Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex SPARC AR Tabletop Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abt1974 View Post
    The MI mount sits slightly HIGHER than the factory mounts. I'll try to get a pic of the irons through the optic and get it up for y'all.

If you prefer a lower 1/3, you'll be fine with the MI mount.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I'm an idiot. Makes sense since the emitter would have to sit higher in order impede an absolute co-witness setup instead of lower.

If you can get pictures I would be much appreciative. Sounds like it is what i need.

thanks.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Getting ready for work tonight I snapped this picture of the mounts. I didn't have time to get a shot through the optic. The factory absolute cowitness height mount is on the left with the MI mount on the right. To be clear, the emitter is more visible in the lower 1/3 arrangement. It doesn't block any of the sight picture. It shows up as a small tab at 5 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    DISCLAIMER-PLEASE READ:
    I was working with my phone camera and couldn't get the front sight focus you'd have in real life. I feel that the phone camera SIGNIFICANTLY EXAGGERATED the amount of blind spot compared to what I see actually looking through the sights.

That said, here you go. MI Sparc AR specific QD mount installed using the backup sights through the optic.

ABT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the pictures, really helpful. I appreciate it.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the write ups and pix gentlemen. Great job!

I take that you both would agree that the Sparc AR would be a good stand in for an Aimpoint Micro sight on a training/non critical AR?

Feedback Score
    Let's keep a few things in mind.

First, I do not now nor have I ever shot for a living. I shoot competition and try to set up my guns so I could fight with them if I had to.

Second, I have extremely limited experience with higher end optics like Aimpoint. Others that shoot with them regularly have made comments suggesting they found my Vortex sights quite pleasantly surprising.

Third, for the emitter to actually be anything more than a cosmetic/personal preference issue with the QD mount in place don't forget we are talking about an EXTREME situation. You would have to be fighting for your life, have your optic fail (I've fallen on my Vortex equipped main match gun hard enough to almost knock myself out on it and had no issue and I weigh in at 250) and have time to deploy your backup sights but NOT to flip off the QD mounted optic.

For me, the optic and mount represents a sizeable purchase. I don't buy twice from companies I'm not completely happy with. This is not my first Vortex optic and will not be my last. I'm just also very product improvement oriented from years of manufacturing employment so I see every little thing that could be better.

Gunner, as I've said I have zero experience shooting for a living. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the rifle wearing this optic to defend myself with. From talking with Vortex, they are selling a lot of these optics to law enforcement agencies. To me, that says a lot more than anything I could say.

ABT out.

Feedback Score
    I really hope that doesn't read grouchy to everybody else like it did to me. If it does, please accept my apologies. I typed it up in a hurry earlier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abt1974 View Post
    I really hope that doesn't read grouchy to everybody else like it did to me. If it does, please accept my apologies. I typed it up in a hurry earlier.

Not a problem. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Old thread but I wanted to share that PSA have the SPARC AR on sale, using the code "SPARC" gets the price down to $139 shipped. I just ordered one and figured if anyone was on the fence that it might be a good time to save $60 off their normal price.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bumping this thread to see how the SPARC AR is holding up. I just ordered one from PSA on there 4th of July one day say, got it for the same low $139 price... getting it for a Poormans URG-I I just put together. Not looking to drop another $500 plus on a T-1/T-2. This looks like a good alternative. Will eventually pick up QD mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12