Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USGI mags outlast all others

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am 100% USGI mags.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    D&H mags with magpul followers are so cheap its hard to justify the Pmags.

I have a few different Pmags for color and interest. To me they are honestly a novelty.

The D&H mags with magpul follows and black coating are available from PSA and BCM in the 6-9$ range depending on the day. PSA is pretty consistent with 7$, but I saw 6$ for the first time the other day.

I can buy two D&H on average for the average price of a Pmag. Three of them for the price of something like a lancer.

Aluminium mags bend feed lips, this happens slowly, they can bit bent back a bit. Plastic mags crack and thats that, happens all at once, no fixing it. I wonder how this effects that ranges perception of what is lasting longer. My assumption would be they rent things not until they are "worn" but cease to function at all. They could squeeze more life out of aluminum mags in that case?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I am stocked at about 50/50 but I am no longer buying plastic magazines. I am buying grey OK mags for under 10 bucks and putting KAC followers in them.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    D&H mags with magpul followers are so cheap its hard to justify the Pmags.

I have a few different Pmags for color and interest. To me they are honestly a novelty.

The D&H mags with magpul follows and black coating are available from PSA and BCM in the 6-9$ range depending on the day. PSA is pretty consistent with 7$, but I saw 6$ for the first time the other day.

I can buy two D&H on average for the average price of a Pmag. Three of them for the price of something like a lancer.

Aluminium mags bend feed lips, this happens slowly, they can bit bent back a bit. Plastic mags crack and thats that, happens all at once, no fixing it. I wonder how this effects that ranges perception of what is lasting longer. My assumption would be they rent things not until they are "worn" but cease to function at all. They could squeeze more life out of aluminum mags in that case?
    Make sense. And thanks for the heads up on PSA's mags. I own a good bit of Lancer mags, but that's because I only buy them when they are on sale. During the holidays I found them for $6.99 and scarfed up some more. I like them, don't know about how long they last, but they sure are solid and they are virtually silent when reloading. That's one more thing I like about them.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-04-17 at 15:03.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Someone better call the USMC and let them know they've made a huge mistake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
    Someone better call the USMC and let them know they've made a huge mistake.
    I think their budget is a little better than mine when it comes to buying replacements.
    All my GI magazines are Okay's. I think I'm reaching the 30+ point now with having NIB Okay's.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This doesn't really surprise me I have about 30 of the brownells with tan followers I've been using for the last 4 or 5 years no problems.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So basically the consensus is the DH and brownells aluminium mags are considered gtg then correct?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So basically the consensus is the DH and brownells aluminium mags are considered gtg then correct?
    A 10 pack of Brownells I bought once didn't work right out of the package. That was a couple years ago but I stopped at "fool me once".

Perhaps they're better now but with all the other good choices out there, I have no reason to give them a chance to "fool me twice ".
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I don't think DH actually supply the mil. Brownells does though. PSA and BCM have magpul followers in their mags, Brownells is the 'tan milspec' which is not magpul.

Okay industries are meant to be the really top notch actual milspec mag. Those with a magpul follower would be amazing. They are 4-5$ more than the DH.

Everyone's experience with the DH ones is they are gtg. BCM happily puts their name on them.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast