Thread: 8.5" 300blk Build Question

Feedback Score

8.5" 300blk Build Question

All,

I've got an 8.5" 300 barrel headed my way, thought I'd poll the hive mind and see what you thought. Running exclusively subs and suppressed, should I cough up the extra $75 for an adjustable gas block or just slap a fixed and run it? This will not be a primary upper, just an occasional "grab and shoot" setup.

Be it known, I'm somewhat of a cheap bugger, everything on this upper is used and I'm into it for less than $225. What say you? Run it as is, or stop being a tightwad?

-Dave

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    If you have the fixed gas block, slap that on first and see what happens. If not, then pick up one of the slr adjustable ones and tune away. The fixed will be cheaper haha.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    My 300blk has a 8.5" barrel with a fixed gas block and I get 0 gas in the face running subs with my Omega and a standard charging handle, even during rapid fire. This is with using the ASR break to mount the can. I used the Omega threaded directly on for a short period and I was getting some gas in the face. Sample of one, but hopefully it helps.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I run a fixed block as well on an 8.5" barrel with an H2 buffer with no problems. It's good with subs and supers, suppressed and unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    Good to know, thanks. I'll spin it together and see what happens.