Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear pro

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Which model of Sordins would you guys say are they best?
    None, but that is just my opinion. Peltor is the way to go, Tac6's or ComTac III's with or without comms. Botach has the non-comm version of the ComTac III with gel ear cups for $250 right now, which is a really good deal. It is Botach, so call before you order. Peltor Tac100's are decent, but they have some clipping issues that most people can't get past.

I am over in Spokane and have multiple sets of Peltor ComTac headsets and you are more than welcome to try before you buy. Let me know.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't know why the Sordins are so popular. They're a little bit more low pro, but the one time I had to change the battery out, it was kind of a pain in the ass. I can do it on my Peltors while they're still on my head. I've never noticed any other difference so I prefer the Comtacs. I think Sordins are overrated, kind of like multitasker. The knife doesn't even lock in place. Wtf. Anyways, different topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I am over in Spokane and have multiple sets of Peltor ComTac headsets and you are more than welcome to try before you buy. Let me know.
    I may take you up on that. I appreciate that fantastic offer.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I snagged a pair of those peltors. I really needed to upgrade from my home cheapo specials

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't know why the Sordins are so popular. They're a little bit more low pro, but the one time I had to change the battery out, it was kind of a pain in the ass. I can do it on my Peltors while they're still on my head. I've never noticed any other difference so I prefer the Comtacs. I think Sordins are overrated, kind of like multitasker. The knife doesn't even lock in place. Wtf. Anyways, different topic.

I got a good deal on Sordins with gel ear cups from SRS tactical on a holiday sale.. They offer good sound, automatic shutoff after a few hours, comfortable, and easy adjustments as well as coming recommended by a few friends.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Peltors or Sordins but be sure to get the Vajayjay (gel) cups.

Feedback Score
    Sordins or a good set of peltors are on my list. I have the cheaper set of electronic peltors that fit under my ACH and they work just fine.

Feedback Score
    Are the Sordin's easily integrated into portable communications? i.e. does MSA or an aftermarket producer make add on cables/mic's?
    I shaved my gasblock for this?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instaurator View Post
    Are the Sordin's easily integrated into portable communications? i.e. does MSA or an aftermarket producer make add on cables/mic's?
    If you get the comms version, yes, if not, nope.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sent my sordins in to sea to get modded and fixed. Anyone know what a general turnaround is for them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast