Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt Competition experiences wanted...

Feedback Score
    I have one in 9mm. So far close to 2500 rounds through it. I had a couple failures to eject so I adjusted the extractor tension there was almost none, that pretty much fixed it. The gun pretty much will eat anything ball, JHP, it does seem to like the 147 grain stuff but shoots everything well. accuracy seems decent I haven't benched it but it will do 25 yard headshots all day if I do my part. Finish is a little thin and is showing some wear but that does not bother me. Planning on sending it off for a front strap treatment and getting it ionbonded, plus a magwell. All in all I enjoy shooting it and it's well worth the money. I use the gun for IDPA and two gun matches plus have carried it a few times. Grips are good, the color grows on you but I would change out the blue fiber optic rod for red or green

Feedback Score
    Blued Competition in 45
    - 1.5k rounds
    - no failure
    - very accurate like any other modern colt I got.
    - fit was great. No rattle or wiggle.
    - Only downside personally is I don't like the dull looking finish. And those ugly grips and sights.

Overall I like it very much. It is for me an excellent beater / shooter. You can't get any better ones at that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some people like Barbeque guns, I like shooters. To me that's what they were intended to do. Mine is scratched - worn and I have zero intention of having it refinished.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Some people like Barbeque guns, I like shooters. To me that's what they were intended to do. Mine is scratched - worn and I have zero intention of having it refinished.
    I wouldn't mind at all except the frame won't stop rusting. I can't put enough oil on it. I'm in AZ btw. Humidity has been below 40 percent....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind at all except the frame won't stop rusting. I can't put enough oil on it. I'm in AZ btw. Humidity has been below 40 percent....
    Off topic, but have you tried coating it with grease? Dead serious. Have a Springfield TRP that the grip safety would try to rust on me as well as an FN PBR which the magazine and bold handle would try to rust. Coated both in grease, the Slip 2000 weapon grease to be exact, and have not had any further issue with them.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The idea of one of these is growing on meverything more and more. I'm even considering the 9mm version at this point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd be surprised if the Competition had any more fitting than any other model if it's considered a stock gun. I feel sure that they are nice pistols, though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    You must carry it in contact with your body? Sweat? I carry an old blued S&W revolver all day. Every so often I put Balistol on the exterior, so far no rust.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Competition had any more fitting than any other model if it's considered a stock gun. I feel sure that they are nice pistols, though.
    I'm not a Smith, so I don't know. But my XSE is moderately well fit compared to a custom gun and it shoots very well, so I wonder how tightly fit we would want them to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My standard Colt .38 super is accurate enough with cheap factory ammo, Armscor is the least accurate but still acceptable. With careful handloading it gets much better. It is a standard Colt tight, which does rattle, but it is also very reliable. 2000 rounds without extra lube or cleaning, only issue was failure to go into battery with two checkmate mags and armscor ammo.

For me it does what I need it to do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast