Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springfield Armory Mil-Spec

Feedback Score
    i know a lotta folks here mod their 1911's and am fine with that....but my guns tend to be more retro. here's a target shot with my new milspec. The range is 25 yds(a bullseye range. I replaced arched MSH with a flat one,installed long trigger,adjusted sear spring to 4.5-5 lbs,and blacked out the rear sight dots with a black sharpie. 25 yds, 2 hand offhand hold, i took the picture at about 40 rounds....IMG_0005.jpg

Feedback Score
    After i got home i noticed Springfield had provided witness/alignment marks on the rear sight and slide and sure enough mine was off a hair to the right( see target). I got a hammer and punch out and carefully centered the rear sight( masking tape is your friend). I can also tell from the target that i need to pay better attention to my "six o'clock hold" to lower elevation a couple inches. When you consider that that's 25 yards,not seven, the fact is this is a dam good shooting entry level 1911. Not a lot of frills, but she will get the job done. Here's my gunIMG_0006.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234