Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Killed the Trifecta Mount?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SilencerCo Killed the Trifecta Mount?

Any ideas why this happened? I have a Saker 5.56 and Saker 7.62, everything working fine on all rifles.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    the asr mount is seen as a more robust and reliable mount system. SiCo, has for years, been slowly replacing and phasing out the trifectas due to its less than reliable lock up system, causing cans to launch off guns. Im sure there are more people on here that can elaborate further than I can and in more detail.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    SiCo, has for years, been slowly replacing and phasing out the trifectas due to its less than reliable lock up system, causing cans to launch off guns. Im sure there are more people on here that can elaborate further than I can and in more detail.
    Do you know this for a fact and have a reputable source, and not hearsay, for this information? Has SiCo made any public statements regarding this? If not, please do not make these types of statements.
    Last edited by drtywk; 01-09-17 at 15:29.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Do you know this for a fact and have a reputable source, and not hearsay, for this information? Has SiCo made any public statements regarding this? If not, please do not make these types of statements.

You can read this thread for yourself. Several people have had cans come off during firing and end up down range. SiCo has allowed anyone with these issues to swap over to the ASR mount for free including swapping the muzzle devices. YMMV.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=saker

My two Sakers have had no issues, but they don't have a ton of rounds down range. The fact that SiCo is no longer producing the old compression mount speaks volumes IMHO.

The good news is that SiCo is standing behind their products if mount failures happen.
    Last edited by Slvr Surfr; 01-08-17 at 16:52.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    How much better is the ASR, really though? I've heard first hand from multiple people who have had an Omega fly off. Tempermental mounting which leaves it ripe for user error perhaps?? (I currently have an Omega in jail, so I'm not dogging the can, simply just curious)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    You need to look into this issue further and post less.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Trifecta has a long history of issues. I had issues getting the can off the rifle after use. I'm not going to coat my FH with anti seize every time I use the can as others have suggested. The product should perform as advertised. I swapped over to ASR. Didn't like it a whole lot better, but folks that are launching ASR mounted cans must be letting them walk off the threads (I'm sure with serious baffle stack damage). Something has to be wrong with either my mount or the muzzle device as my ASR system is loose after 20 rounds. I've swapped over to and had better results with the SiCo 51T system.

Count me as one who is excited about DA making Saker compatible mounting solutions...
    Last edited by JPB; 01-08-17 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    I've had both and much prefer the ASR. SCo. swapped out my 3 Trifectas for ASR and my new Omega 762 was ordered with an ASR mount. Happy Camper here
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    You need to look into this issue further and post less.
    I actually own multiple SiCo cans including two Sakers and an Omega, all of which I run ASR mounts on. I have also read the entirety of the Saker thread on this site and am fully aware of the issue(s). My response was directly related to there being no public statement/announcement/notification by SiCo regarding this issue, nor have they stated, publicly, that they have discontinued said product, plus they are still selling MAAD mounts and muzzle devices.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I know they announced that the saker now comes with the ASR

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast