Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SilencerCo Killed the Trifecta Mount?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I actually own multiple SiCo cans including two Sakers and an Omega, all of which I run ASR mounts on. I have also read the entirety of the Saker thread on this site and am fully aware of the issue(s). My response was directly related to there being no public statement/announcement/notification by SiCo regarding this issue, nor have they stated, publicly, that they have discontinued said product, plus they are still selling MAAD mounts and muzzle devices.
    SiCo will not publicly admit that the Trifecta attachment system was garbage, even when face to face with someone who's launched a can. I tried telling them what happened and their response was "we'll replace it."

Me: "Is this something you guys deal with regularly?"

SiCo: "We'll replace it."

Me: "Is a new mount in development?"

Me: "Is there something I could do to prevent this in the future?"

And yes, SiCo is quietly killing the Trifecta in favor of the ASR.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    But in addition to sico employees telling me some of them have used the trifecta with zero problem and still like it, my LGS sells a ton of suppressors and a ton of sico and the guy I know best there said he hasn't switched because his TF have been flawless, and those guys shoot a lot, including events where the public can shoot the items of the biz in addition to their own cans waiting for ATF approval.

I switched mine but only because it would lock on and had accuracy issues, but never blew off

Feedback Score
    I think that the trifecta has somewhat of a bad reputation at this point. Whether or not it has serious issues, it's tough to sell a customer on a product that has a reputation of failing (getting stuck on or flying off) which is a good enough reason for SiCo to move away from it.

I saw the aftermath of an ASR mounted Omega flying off a 5.56 SBR. It was scratched up and the guy swore he had it on right. My guess is he didn't fully engage the locking ring or it is out of spec. It wasn't his first shot so it must have walked off somewhat before flying off. If it wasn't a 5.56 through a 30 cal can it might have been a bad baffle / end-cap strike.

I've had minor issues with the Trifecta but never launched a can. That being said, I barely use it and stick mostly to the ASR for Silencerco stuff and have several thousand rounds with that setup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    I saw the aftermath of an ASR mounted .... It was scratched up and the guy swore he had it on right.
    I'm not that guy, but I just did that last weekend specwarK 556 ASR on flashhider , Could have sworn I had it attached correctly,( Guess not) sent it 30 feet down range, Everyone looked at me WTF?
    SilencerCo said send it in we'll take care of it.
    Talking to the rep. sometimes when you're tightening it, if you inadvertently touch or move the ASR ring it will add resistance and you ll think in screwed on but it's not then you finish tightening the ASR and it's not really on the threads.....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    I'm not that guy, but I just did that last weekend specwarK 556 ASR on flashhider , Could have sworn I had it attached correctly,( Guess not) sent it 30 feet down range, Everyone looked at me WTF?
    SilencerCo said send it in we'll take care of it.
    Talking to the rep. sometimes when you're tightening it, if you inadvertently touch or move the ASR ring it will add resistance and you ll think in screwed on but it's not then you finish tightening the ASR and it's not really on the threads.....
    I have seen too many of my non suppressed buddies do this when playing with my can; they'll turn the can with their hand over the lock ring. One of them had the locking teeth make a ratcheting sound for half a turn until I stopped him. What. The. F*$#?

I've seen that personally. Turn the can from the top, make sure the threads are bottomed. Then rotate the lock ring. Done.

I can swing by guns around like a baseball bat, holding only the can, when I put mine on.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12