Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think the AR isn't comfortable

Feedback Score
    Fit and comfort of any firearm is personal and subjective. But with a seemingly infinite combination of grip, stock, and fore end combinations, the AR platform is about close to a universal fitting gun there is. With some experimentation, you're bound to eventually find something that suits you.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

FPC Life Member | NRA Life Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Nope. I was raised with traditional stocks and that's all I shot for 40 something years. When I started shooting ARs, it took me about 3 trips to the range until I was ready swear allegiance to the MSR rifle configuration. ARs are MUCH better.
    I guess I just have to disagree with you. I think the MSR is just better in every respect except for the fact that the MSR requires a wider case or scabbard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurerider103 View Post
    I don't know if you can tell from this video or not how I shot

https://youtu.be/oQBwMR2jr3Q

It looks like you're basically just standing straight up and shrugging the rifle up to your face. That's gonna be uncomfortable. I recommend that you try shooting in a stance that requires less shrugging. I can handle an ar-15 comfortably despite the fact that most days I can't raise my bad shoulder more than like half an inch
    I ain't a tier-1 operator, nor any kind of shooting coach, so I'll go ahead and give you an example of someone who is both and who shoots without a big shoulder shrug: Larry Vickers, esteemed member of our community.

A more-vertical grip (I like BCM) and a 1/3 cowitness red dot are ergonomic aids worth considering.

Feedback Score
    Comfort is relative. They are more comfortable than a gunshot wound you could have negated had you an AR to protect yourself with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stwings View Post
    Comfort is relative. They are more comfortable than a gunshot wound you could have negated had you an AR to protect yourself with.
    Exactly.

These aint shoes. They are tools. Tools for killing.

No different than a sword.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stwings View Post

Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Exactly.

These aint shoes. They are tools. Tools for killing.

No different than a sword.

Going with the tool analogy - people that use tools a lot tend to get tools that feel comfortable to them and fit the purpose. A finish carpenter doesn't buy hammers at Wal-Mart, a mechanic know the difference between a 12 point and a 6 point combination wrench and when to use each one, and a swordsman doesn't willingly go into battle with a mameluke sword he bought at clothing sales.

These distinctions are what makes the AR a great platform for both the beginner and the discerning user. You can buy differing levels of quality, based on your needs and desires, and as you become more adept the AR can easily be modified or upgraded to keep up with your needs.

Truly a genius design.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    These aint shoes. They are tools. Tools for killing
    So is a Mosin Nagant
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    So is a Mosin Nagant
    Yes it is. In military config it has worked since the turn of the last century. Thanks for making my point

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, it works. But, it's slow, uncomfortable to shoot and a poor combat weapon, especially compared to it's contemporaries
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Feels really comfy to me like an old recliner. Don't know what the hell OP is doing with his. Maybe you should get a Saiga in 7.62x39 with the old hunting stock / unconverted. Probably suit you better.

???

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast