Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full Auto M16/m4A1 Resources

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Ok. So let me be crystal clear here. What I'm curious about is what happens when an MG doesn't run perfectly at the factory. Do they scrap the lower if it only needs an adjustment.
    Yeah let's be clear. There are no adjustments. None, Nada, Zilch. If the hole is drilled in the correct location, it is in spec. if it does not run you check to see if it is in spec, if it is, you look elsewhere, such as sear or hammer or B/C to make sure they are in spec. I have never heard of a gun with 100% in spec parts not running.

You are looking for a problem that does not exist. i am not Colt, but I have made enough M16s to know this is not as hard as you are making it out to be.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have never heard of this being done. But, by all means don't let me deter you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Yeah let's be clear. There are no adjustments. None, Nada, Zilch. If the hole is drilled in the correct location, it is in spec. if it does not run you check to see if it is in spec, if it is, you look elsewhere, such as sear or hammer or B/C to make sure they are in spec. I have never heard of a gun with 100% in spec parts not running.

You are looking for a problem that does not exist. i am not Colt, but I have made enough M16s to know this is not as hard as you are making it out to be.
    Roger that. That's probably the biggest reason for changing the trigger. Best I can tell, with a "factory" trigger (true source unknown) the hammer releases a little late but I bet there's some carrier bounce as well.

Does the USMC M16A2 armorer's manual have anything in it about wear points to check?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Still waitin on the Geissele SSF triggers to show up (long story) but I did get several more auto sears. Interesting if there's no fitting or timing involved, how each one has a different length paddle on the hammer side and on the BC side. They're all from the same vendor who tends to consistently have them in stock and claims them to be a Colt parts. They looks to be of the same high quality and finish just different dimension. I'll do some testing and report back the findings as the plot thickens. Thanks!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123