Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 announced

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rest of the story is told in this patent application number: 20160047613 A1. Mechanism is explained. Note that this number specifies patent application. Also given is the H9's inventor, Billie Cyril Hudson 111 of Georgetown, Tx.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    What is funny about this statement is that SIG is continuously cutting the quality of their handguns. So I would not use SIG as the "standard" when comparing quality of a HG.
    C4
    This is the truth. I do not trust any of the new SIGs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    The rest of the story is told in this patent application number: 20160047613 A1. Mechanism is explained. Note that this number specifies patent application. Also given is the H9's inventor, Billie Cyril Hudson 111 of Georgetown, Tx.
    http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?docid=2...526OS=%2526RS=

So a locking block and recoil spring repositioned to being in front of the trigger finger instead of above it...

Interesting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With the position of the RSA, I doubt there is a chance for a compact model unless they have a trick up their sleeve. Caliber might be the only future development for this architecture.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    With the position of the RSA, I doubt there is a chance for a compact model unless they have a trick up their sleeve. Caliber might be the only future development for this architecture.
    Unlike every other gun on the market, I don't think you're going to see many variations of this for a while, possibly never.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No tinkering or under cutting the trigger guard either. It has to be a major part of the frame structure. Still, quite an interesting hand gun.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Maybe they have a set of laser grips with a wireless lowpro flashlight attachment in the works. If so, I'm in!

Either way, this gun looks like something cool from an obscure European manufacturer like Korth.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    Unlike every other gun on the market, I don't think you're going to see many variations of this for a while, possibly never.
    Unless they have a scaled-down model in the works.

Feedback Score
    The recoil spring axis defines the recoil force vector from the slide to the frame and thus to the wrist. By lowering the axis of the RSA the moment induced in the wrist is reduced meaning less muzzle rise.

However, a quick read of the patent claims did not indicate this was a claimed feature of this firearm! They moved the RSA but did not seem to claim it!

Feedback Score
    Would love to get my hands on this pistol to shoot. Seems like it has so many elements that would make it a dream to shoot. I hope this pistol succeeds on the market.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast