Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 announced

Feedback Score
    So I am friends with the owner/creators, Cy and Lauren Hudson. Cy and I served together in 1-25 in Alaska, he is a West Point grad, former Infantry Officer. He is a complete gun geek and has been designing this pistol since I met him back in 2010. His wife Lauren has done many things including contracting in Afghanistan while we were deployed there.

I have asked him some questions about it. Plan on getting one when I can. Him and his team are keeping everything pretty close hold on all the details.

His words on magazines:

"The magazine is built off the 5906 tube, which - if you care for your history- was based on the hi-power (P35) tube they adapted for the S&W 39 to make it double stack during Nam...Aka MK22 Hush puppy. Due to our low frame on grip (not frame...anybody noticed this is a chassis system?), we have to make proprietary cuts. Using this tube allows it to be a proven design, but truly our own, which allows us to use a yoked trigger with a streamlined profile. Our slide is a true 1 inch side to side. The grip panels are what make it 1.24. So yes, it's a proprietary magazine."

Also he assures me they have thought through the weapon light issue. So, I look forward to getting one.

There facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/Hudson-Mfg-...23028/?fref=ts they are releasing details / photos daily it seems as it gets closer to ShotShow.
    Last edited by eaboecke; 01-16-17 at 03:39.

Feedback Score
    A curious weapon indeed!

Feedback Score
    This interview with the founders might interest some people here. Haven't been able to listen to it all yet.

http://www.gunfightercast.com/wordpr...-want-to-know/
    Owner of Harry's Holsters
    www.HarrysHolsters.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    The recoil spring axis defines the recoil force vector from the slide to the frame and thus to the wrist. By lowering the axis of the RSA the moment induced in the wrist is reduced meaning less muzzle rise.
    The recoil spring force would travel directly aft into your hand, however the mass of the slide would still be above your wrist, so it's still going to get some rise.

I'd be curious if anyone could figure the amount of recoil/flip that comes from the spring force versus the mass of the slide coming to a stop at the aft end of its travel.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quick clip of the Hudson in action:

https://instagram.com/p/BPWHzB3l8CJ/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It reminds me of a SiCo Maxim--but mini...

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    The whole campaign has had just the right amount of mystery, then the right rationing-out of morsels. Clever and well produced.

Clever and well-produced..... the kind of thing that would normally put me on the defensive and have me tapping the glass on the Veglia BS Meter to see if it's really pegged at 11. I'm getting some of that but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that has me kinda rooting for the H9.

Might be that whole dust cover thing, like, nobody would do that for no reason.... there must be something really good in there.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score

Controlled Optimism

It has been years since I've been remotely excited for a newly designed firearm after watching what happened to the ACR in 2010. After seeing how long they remained quiet during the development I'm inclined to listen to their pitch now as they are not hyping a crowd funded concept on paper but a physical prototype which has clearly gone through iterations of refinement. I do not anticipate the H9 to redefine the handgun market like the Glock did and only sell at the rate of current semi-custom 1911s but I'm glad to see American entrepreneurs combining key design traits I've heard a variety of shooters ask for over the years. I'll be rooting for Hudson MFG

Feedback Score
    Soldiers System got some hands-on during the SHOT show media day. However, one staffer reported two failures to feed. The prototype magazine explanation might be valid, but, early adopters might want to be cautious.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/01/17...day-hudson-h9/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm interested in actually seeing and handling one, but the price will keep me from buying. Just looking at the pictures, the trigger guard could be bigger for gloved hands, like my SIG P226 SAO, is there a thumb safety like my Colt .38 Super? I have $1200 in my Colt, over 5 years of figuring out what I want in a pistol and what I don't need. The SIG was G2G as I got it [lightly used], just add magazines.
    Magazines are another issue [and expense for the buyer]. Would a proven, vetted magazine from a SIG, Beretta, HK, M&P be a good idea?

OK, after reading some more posts my magazine question is answered. If it comes in at a price point akin to a SIG, HK or nicer 1911 I could see wanting one if it's reliable. Kudos to the Hudson folks for even trying to make a better pistol here in the USA!
    Last edited by 1986s4; 01-17-17 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    $1147 is the figure that I've seen. Dealer price is the cost that'll determine what we pay. I don't see this small company producing the numbers to sell to distributors so my guess is that they will be dealer direct. If so, that should allow dealers to buy them for about $850. I arrived at this figure based on my belief that $1147 is not really a realistic retail and has been inflated for one reason or another. One essential condition for Hudson's survival is making the guns work before they're shipped. Having to replace defective products or having to spend money repairing returned pistols would drain funds and generate terrible publicity, especially at the beginning. The big companies that pay the tab on shipping and offer no questions asked warranty repair have created a spoiled population of customers. Swimming in this pond will be difficult for any new outfit just starting out. I'm not sure what the niche is. Loaded the H9's weight will exceed that of a loaded BHP by about 2 oz. The weight eliminates it for concealed carry for many folks even though it is thinner than others.

So who has the company pre-sold a batch to? Maybe Bass Pro/Cabelas has ordered a couple hundred to spread throughout their stores. When will they start shipping? My guess is July 1. Why so late? New fiscal year and the old adage that nothing works out like we plan. My first clue? Magazine design still being hammered out.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast