Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 announced

Feedback Score
    Meh. I have "serious" guns and I have fun guns. The presence of one doesn't prohibit the other. I have a Sig 228 that is just fun, and I don't feel the need to run around collecting and testing go-to-war mags and holsters for it on the off chance my three primary guns go down and I need an extra. I suspect most people will treat the Hudson the same way.

Feedback Score
    Local range got a couple in this week and had one for rent. It absolutely shoots as flat as all the reviews say and the trigger is definitely the best striker fired trigger I've ever felt, fairly crisp and with a very short reset. The accuracy is combat grade, you won't be making cloverleafs with it, overally I really liked it so I took one home. We'll see how it does with a few hundred rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Have one on the way. Will chime in once it gets here.

Feedback Score
    Got mine back out to the range again and the accuracy is improving as I get used to the gun. It's now approaching my CZ's in that department and of course it's still shooting as flat as ever. I would like to put a narrower front site on it and get a backstrap that approximates the arched mainspring housing of a 1911. Beyond that it runs like a top.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gun Jesus discusses the H9 with Cy Hudson...

Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I haven't had the chance to shoot one yet, but the trigger is absolutely phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    Local range got a couple in this week and had one for rent. It absolutely shoots as flat as all the reviews say and the trigger is definitely the best striker fired trigger I've ever felt, fairly crisp and with a very short reset. The accuracy is combat grade, you won't be making cloverleafs with it, overally I really liked it so I took one home. We'll see how it does with a few hundred rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hickok got one in and did a video and I pretty much agree with his take on it: very expensive, heavy, and doesn't offer anything you can't get out of a much less expensive polymer striker fired handgun. so...meh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1UNKgieTXQ
    Last edited by VALG17; 12-31-17 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know why but I kind of want one. It's different. I might get one when they are more available.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

I don't know why but I kind of want one. It's different. I might get one when they are more available.
    Same here...

Not sure where in NJ you are, but as of 1wk ago, RTSP in Randolph, NJ had one. Was able to handle it in the store a little. If you've ever shot an HK P7, the sighting profile (the visual you as the shooter see when shooting the pistol) is very similar. The actual profile of the sights and the orange front was agreeable. It sits very low in the hand. The trigger was very notable. Had a really nice roll to it. I forgot to check for reset, and while this is an out of the display case putting 2 dry fires on the thing impression, it's the nicest striker fired trigger I've experienced (possible exception to the P7).

There is something intangibly compelling about this thing for me. First off, it's steel. Aside from a 1911, how many new designs come in steel? From my very limited exposure to it, the trigger rocks, thumb safety available, holds 15rnds (perfect for NJ) and ....it's cool as hell. RTSP has one for rent at their range. I'm getting back there at the first opportunity to try it.
    RESIST!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Same here...

Not sure where in NJ you are, but as of 1wk ago, RTSP in Randolph, NJ had one. Was able to handle it in the store a little. If you've ever shot an HK P7, the sighting profile (the visual you as the shooter see when shooting the pistol) is very similar. The actual profile of the sights and the orange front was agreeable. It sits very low in the hand. The trigger was very notable. Had a really nice roll to it. I forgot to check for reset, and while this is an out of the display case putting 2 dry fires on the thing impression, it's the nicest striker fired trigger I've experienced (possible exception to the P7).

There is something intangibly compelling about this thing for me. First off, it's steel. Aside from a 1911, how many new designs come in steel? From my very limited exposure to it, the trigger rocks, thumb safety available, holds 15rnds (perfect for NJ) and ....it's cool as hell. RTSP has one for rent at their range. I'm getting back there at the first opportunity to try it.
    I'm in Middlesex co. About an hour from RTSP. Problem is, I don't like those guys lol. My boss became a member there. Maybe I'll take a ride up there with him. RTSP is asking more than $100 over what others are but if they have it for rent, might as well try it out.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast