Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid theoretical climbing question

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrediver View Post
    Remember to tie a knot at the end of the line so you don't rap off into space. Happens regularly.
    I was watching some vids on youtube one day about basic climbing skills and such. This one guy was making his vid and the background was basically the open cliff or boulders, I forget what exactly it was. All of a sudden you see this flash/blip... and he keeps talking and bit and then says, did someone just fall? Sure enough.. and I think the guy actually lived. If I remember correctly I think he grabbed the wrong side of an unknotted rope. Can't seen to find the video now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As others have stated the easiest thing to use are aluminium descending rings, about $3 a piece and a piece of webbing. This is your anchor that is tied around a tree or other sturdy object and left in place. I have actually put together an emergency rappel kit.

Here is the link to an old thread about it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in.../t-136933.html

Feedback Score
    You would use the rope doubled, so that when you are at the length of it, you anchor off and release one end of the doubled rope so you can pull it through the anchor. Then re-anchor at your current position in order to continue your descent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12