Thread: Help chosing Adjustable Gas Block, POF Dictator or Superlative Arms Bleed Off

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)

Help chosing Adjustable Gas Block, POF Dictator or Superlative Arms Bleed Off

I am building my first AR Pistol, its a MK18 inspired, I used a Faxon 10.5 416R Carbine length gas system barrel, Mega forged uppwe and lower, KAK Shockwave and Blade, PWS H2 buffer (I have a ST-T2 and Carbine in case) Strike Industries Flatwire spring, Sharps Black Nickel BCG, Geissele S3G Trigger, 2a Armament 10" M-Lok rail, and Surefire SOCOM MB.

When the paperwork comes back it will be am SBR and I am picking up a Surefire SOCOM Suppressor, for now I have a Warden. I am trying to decide on an adjustable gas block, I bought a POF Dictator carnine length system, then I came across the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block with bleed off. Does anyone have experianc e with either of these systems? I was thinking the bleed off would be better, especially once I get a suppressor, because the extra gas would bleed off the gas block instead of going down the barrel. I have been trying to find more information on both of these systems, but there isn't much out there, any help is appreciated. I do have a SA Bleed off Gas Block on order (through the website) but its been over a week and it hasn't shipped, I already have the Dictator but I am willing to wait for the SA if its a superior system
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sweet build! I've used an SLR titanium adjustable gas block. It was easy to tune, and works very well. I know others on here like them too. Superlative Arms looks very nice as well. It might be a bit louder suppressed with the bleed off, but barely. Wow, the POF Dictator looks really nice. Those microtone gas blocks look very good. It can get overwhelming with all the options lol. I went with the SLR because they seemed just a little more simple adjustment design.
    good luck with it, I'm sure whatever direction you go, you'll be happy.

Scott

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Michael Bell did a couple of very helpful vids about the SA GB

as he says, they're actually quieter!

i really like the ones i have: very light recoil and no back-gassing

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0y02vdDzRUk

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UwHA9pvkgYA

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The FAL uses a bleed off gas system. It dumps a lot of carbon fouling at the gas block and it tends to get all over your rifle and hand.

However, the SA gas block also allows to option of using it as a restrictive gas block.

I like the detent system they use, but I'd be more comfortable using it with handguards that protect the adjustment screw.

That said, I think I like the SLR adjustable gas block better, which is what I use on my AR pistol
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-09-17 at 11:29.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I have a SLR titanium adjustable gas block on my 11.5" SBR. Very pleased with it.