Thread: Turkish shotguns

Feedback Score

Turkish shotguns

Turkey seems to sell a lot of shotguns on the US market. They range from rather expensive models to basic HD versions. Hatsan is one name that comes to mind.

Opinions range from "never had an issue with mine" to "total POS" (as is the case with most guns, it seems). Anyone had any positive/negative experiences with Turkish shotguns?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reports indicate that quality varies. The Winchester SXP is made in Turkey under FN supervision, which to me means it'll be done right. Repair/warranty service on these shotguns is done at the Browning Repair Center. The model is made in hunting and security versions. Both are in some box stores and are occasionally on sale.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have heard the Hawk 982 is a Remingtom 870 clone but have no first hand experience with it.
    Try the search function in this Shotgun forum.

Feedback Score
    The Hawk shotguns seem to have a pretty good reputation, more so than the Remington Express series.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The same is true for Weatherby shotguns. From what I am told the shot guns run fine, and have a decent fit and finsih for the price.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, the very first longgun I ever purchased was a 198 dollar ASI PAS12, the v1:

I run this thing today and I LOVE it. I don't do a whole lot of bird/duck hunting, and have nothing else to compare it to, but after 100 rounds, it feeds awesomely. ETA: To clarify, the break in took about 100. I haven't counted since 700 two years ago.

It runs 3" magnums, 2 3/4" target loads, rifled slugs. All with accuracy.

I haven't pressed it for "duty" usage. But I haven't baby'd it, it's no safe queen, and it's been dropped, submerged, banged up, and used. It has held up very well for the 200 dollar investment at 18 years old for having a little something extra for home protection if: "The hipoint wasn't enough."

Boy, I have come a long way in 6 years in my firearms mindset.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 01-12-17 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I have heard the Hawk 982 is a Remingtom 870 clone but have no first hand experience with it.
    Try the search function in this Shotgun forum.
    The Hawk shotguns are Norinco, not Turkish.