Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC upper or full rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC upper or full rifle?

I'm in the market for a high end rifle. I have been doing some research and it looks like everything points to a knights sr-15 mod 2 e3.

My question is. Do I buy the 14.5" upper and put the muzzle device I need for my suppressor on, and put it on one of the psa lowers I have? Or do I pay the extra $800 for the complete rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    If the decision were mine, I wouldn't want my high end upper sitting on a PSA lower. It would bother me.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would buy a Colt or BCM lower. Personally, I don't see the value in a $800+ KAC lower unless you're a Lefty.

However, it's always nice to have a complete rifle; especially if this will be your only KAC.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Go all out and get the complete gun if you can swing it.

But I'm a big proponent of matched sets

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

KAC upper or full rifle?

Depends on what you'd do to the lower. I just want a KAC upper because I'd likely put on an A5 system, BAD EPP/ETP set, BCM grip, stock, and trigger guard, a straight Geissele trigger, AXTS safety, and an FCD EMR. So pretty much I'd pay $800 for a roll mark and ambi controls. Both are cool, but I don't know that it's worth that much money to change almost everything.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yep, same. I would get a matched set if you'd use it as is, or put it on a lower of your choosing if you're gonna change a bunch of crap. I personally would not run it on a PSA lower just b/c it would offend my sensibilities, but it's not like it won't work.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Full rifle. Go big bro.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    ADM lower + KAC upper

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    KAC upper on a psa lower is blasphemy! Like Plato said... go big, if you're already spending that much on an upper might as well get the compete rifle.

Feedback Score
    Unless you are building the lower with equal or greater parts in a configuration that wont be as easy as a simple part swap, buy the full rifle.

If the upper does what you need. Just remember you feel the controls.

Trigger
    Bolt hold open
    Mag release
    Selector
    To an extent the buffer and spring in the tube (the bolt rides the buffer in the tube)
    Cheapening out on the lower will makes the upper feel cheaper.

The question is are you looking as this really good quality rifle as plug and play or are you wanting quality that can only be found by proper mixing of parts to create a configuration you want/forsee

A franken rifle with the best parts and built and adjusted/ speced to fit may be better for you then a noveske, hk, daniel defense, kac, or Wilson combat.

Decide if you are after a look, form, and or functuon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daniel87; 01-10-17 at 05:13.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast