Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC upper or full rifle?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If you are in the market for a high end rifle why would you piece together an expensive frankengun? Get the complete rifle.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Go full rifle or build off a quality lower receiver to take the knights upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    complete rifle.. look on gunbroker for deals

if you gonna get the upper from knights
    get a lower from noveske or v7.. my .02

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I would buy a Colt or BCM lower. Personally, I don't see the value in a $800+ KAC lower unless you're a Lefty.
    What do you get for ~800?
    2-stage match trigger. Value: $150-$200
    LMT SOPMOD Stock. Value: $100-$200
    Ambidextrous Selector. Value $50-$75 (KAC Version: $65) Useful to righties.
    Right side bolt release. Value: Priceless unless willing to Dremel your lower, or put a lever through your trigger guard. Useful to righties.
    Left side fenced magazine release. Value: Priceless, available only on a few high-end lowers such as the AXTS. Useful to righties during clearing and stoppage reduction.
    Ambi QD End-Plate. Value: $25-$50
    KAC Combat Trigger Guard. Value: $30
    Total immediate accessory/upgrade value, not counting installation time: $355-$530

Intangibles: The lowers are made from custom forgings, machined in-house, with all dimensions, clearances, and tolerances under our control and subject to our QC. You also get an awesome roll-mark.

I own LMT and Colt lowers as well, and at this point, the only lower that I would consider using other than a KAC lower for a KAC 5.56 upper is the AXTS/Radian ADAC lower receiver.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Right side bolt release. Value: Priceless unless willing to Dremel your lower, or put a lever through your trigger guard. Useful to righties.
    Left side fenced magazine release. Value: Priceless, available only on a few high-end lowers such as the AXTS. Useful to righties during clearing and stoppage reduction.
    Total immediate accessory/upgrade value, not counting installation time: $355-$530

Intangibles: The lowers are made from custom forgings, machined in-house, with all dimensions, clearances, and tolerances under our control and subject to our QC. You also get an awesome roll-mark.

I own LMT and Colt lowers as well, and at this point, the only lower that I would consider using other than a KAC lower for a KAC 5.56 upper is the AXTS/Radian ADAC lower receiver.
    Why does the 16" Mod 2 versions come with the MOE stock instead of a SOPMOD?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks for the help. Now to find one somewhere, and figure out what optic to put on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post

Since not all of my rifles are equipped with KAC lowers, I really don't train using the L-handed features with my Right.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Why does the 16" Mod 2 versions come with the MOE stock instead of a SOPMOD?

I believe that the Mod 2 and LPR M-Lok comes with the MOE SL pistol grip and MOE stock.

The KeyMod version of the Mod 2 and LPR come with the LMT SOPMOD.

I have both, the SOPMOD is a more substantial butt stock than the MOE, it is also heavier.

I put one on my Mod 2 w M-Lok, took it off, put the MOE back on. Took the NF 1-4x off, went with a RDS, to keep it as light as possible.

OP, just buy a Mod 2. Screw a MAMS on the end, get an AXTX charging handle a quality sling.

Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    I believe that the Mod 2 and LPR M-Lok comes with the MOE SL pistol grip and MOE stock.
    LPR Mod 2's come with SOPMOD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    LPR Mod 2's come with SOPMOD.
    Not in M-Lok.

https://www.knightarmco.com/portfoli...pr-mod-2-m-lok

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast