Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC upper or full rifle?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    It's clear you're relying on Google for your information instead of speaking from first-hand experience. It's also clear you don't own a Mod 2 LPR in either M-LOK or KeyMod.

I know LPR's come with the SOPMOD because a shooting buddy owns several M-LOK Mod 2 LPR's. Guess what stock they came with? SOPMOD. A quick call to Knights or Lawmen's would also confirm the same.

LPR Mod 2s come with SOPMODs, regardless of whether they're M-LOK or KeyMod.

EDIT: Search for actual pictures of M-LOK LPR's, and you'll find they all have SOPMODs. Example: http://www.kellyenterprises.net/imag...-rifle-003.jpg
    O.K. One at a time.

The link is from Knight's website. You know, the little ad at the top of the page you're looking at. Right now.

You're correct, I don't own a Mod 2 LPR, I've got a Mod 1. Honestly, one LPR is enough. How many did you say you owned?

The one M-Lok LPR I saw in the flesh had an MOE, now this was early last year, but it seems Jack mentioned they were pushing Magpul when introduced.

SOPMODS on any version of the LPR currently produced sounds great.

I'm not going to call Marc or Troy just to yak-yak. I try to stay out of there.

The last time I left, a Mod 2 with a KAC factory installed MAMS followed me home.

Hopefully, the next time it will be another SR-25.

That's all I've got. You and your buddy have fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So anyone know where to pick one up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used to cr@p on the hype over ambi lowers, but I disavow my right-handed privilege, and repent for my sins.
    I am a fan of ambi lowers. Get dat KAC complete rifle, homie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    O.K. One at a time.

The link is from Knight's website. You know, the little ad at the top of the page you're looking at. Right now.

You're correct, I don't own a Mod 2 LPR, I've got a Mod 1. Honestly, one LPR is enough. How many did you say you owned?

The one M-Lok LPR I saw in the flesh had an MOE, now this was early last year, but it seems Jack mentioned they were pushing Magpul when introduced.

SOPMODS on any version of the LPR currently produced sounds great.

I'm not going to call Marc or Troy just to yak-yak. I try to stay out of there.

The last time I left, a Mod 2 with a KAC factory installed MAMS followed me home.

Hopefully, the next time it will be another SR-25.

That's all I've got. You and your buddy have fun.
    That's one hell of a long way to say "sorry, you were right."

Carry on.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drift_g35 View Post
    So anyone know where to pick one up?

Lawmens or BoltCarrier.com should both have them in stock at good pricing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Depends on what you'd do to the lower. I just want a KAC upper because I'd likely put on an A5 system, BAD EPP/ETP set, BCM grip, stock, and trigger guard, a straight Geissele trigger, AXTS safety, and an FCD EMR. So pretty much I'd pay $800 for a roll mark and ambi controls. Both are cool, but I don't know that it's worth that much money to change almost everything.

I think the ambi controls are overrated. I can't remember a time that Ive ever used them. If I could land a good deal on one of the old school KAC lowers without all the ambi and QD sockets Id snatch it in a heartbeat; for the rollmark and as another SBR upper host.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    What do you get for ~800?
    2-stage match trigger. Value: $150-$200
    LMT SOPMOD Stock. Value: $100-$200
    Ambidextrous Selector. Value $50-$75 (KAC Version: $65) Useful to righties.
    Right side bolt release. Value: Priceless unless willing to Dremel your lower, or put a lever through your trigger guard. Useful to righties.
    Left side fenced magazine release. Value: Priceless, available only on a few high-end lowers such as the AXTS. Useful to righties during clearing and stoppage reduction.
    Ambi QD End-Plate. Value: $25-$50
    KAC Combat Trigger Guard. Value: $30
    Total immediate accessory/upgrade value, not counting installation time: $355-$530

Intangibles: The lowers are made from custom forgings, machined in-house, with all dimensions, clearances, and tolerances under our control and subject to our QC. You also get an awesome roll-mark.

I own LMT and Colt lowers as well, and at this point, the only lower that I would consider using other than a KAC lower for a KAC 5.56 upper is the AXTS/Radian ADAC lower receiver.
    I completely agree. You get a whole lot of value for the money in a complete 5.56 KAC. Try to piece together a similar rifle using top-tier components, which will not have the proprietary KAC enhancements, and one will find that they've spent significantly more than a complete KAC.

OP I would buy a complete rifle.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I completely agree. You get a whole lot of value for the money in a complete 5.56 KAC. Try to piece together a similar rifle using top-tier components, which will not have the proprietary KAC enhancements, and one will find that they've spent significantly more than a complete KAC.

OP I would buy a complete rifle.
    I agree

get the whole thing.

Lowers I would use for options if I had too, Colt, BCM, DD would be fine. They actually are a good value when you add up all the other extras it comes with, compare the extras too if you did upgrade a standard lower, so it makes sense to get the lower.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A complete factory rifle from a trusted manufacturer is always a good decision.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A complete rifle is, no doubt, a fantastic experience... But getting one half first, and later.. Acquiring that matching moonrock, is an unforgettable journey

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast