Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: KAC upper or full rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC upper or full rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I've been very pleased with my Steiner T5Xi 1-5 so far. Daylight bright red dot, simple and non-cluttered BDC designed for 55-62gr. out of 16" barrels. Off positions between each brightness setting, capped turrets and a pretty smooth zoom lever. Steiner includes a cattail as well. Definitely give it a look. It's a few oz. lighter than the Razor as well. Clearest glass I've personally owned but I've shot a few high end scopes. I'd say it's equal with a Nightforce/Razor/Leupold in clarity. Steiner put a lot of effort in improving the 1x compared to other manufacturers focusing on the higher end of the zoom scale. I'm probably going to pick up the 7.62 version of this same scope when I order my DD5V1.

Attachment 43471

Attachment 43472
    Yeah I thought about getting of one of those too. My aunts husband is the svp of sales for Steiner. I need to ask him if he can get me a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That optic looks beautiful. I wish some dealers around here would stock them so I could see one in person. My eyes are not the best from damage I took in the side of my head and I'm very picky with what I buy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacticalFun; 01-15-17 at 09:00.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drift_g35 View Post
    Yeah I thought about getting of one of those too. My aunts husband is the svp of sales for Steiner. I need to ask him if he can get me a good deal.

B&H Photo has them for $1099 with free shipping. I bought mine from them. Saved ~$4-500 over other retailers.

Feedback Score

Cool

Why not buy a KAC - Knight's Armament Stripped Lower Receiver and build it up the way you want it. They are running sub $200 right now. I figure you can set it up the way you like for less than $800.

https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/stripped-sr15-lower

Quote Originally Posted by drift_g35 View Post
    I'm in the market for a high end rifle. I have been doing some research and it looks like everything points to a knights sr-15 mod 2 e3.

My question is. Do I buy the 14.5" upper and put the muzzle device I need for my suppressor on, and put it on one of the psa lowers I have? Or do I pay the extra $800 for the complete rifle?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Why not buy a KAC - Knight's Armament Stripped Lower Receiver and build it up the way you want it. They are running sub $200 right now. I figure you can set it up the way you like for less than $800.

https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/stripped-sr15-lower
    Because the OP was before they started selling stripped lowers.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Because the OP was before they started selling stripped lowers.

This. But I did end up buying a stripped lower. Will have to sbr it.

Feedback Score
    If you can afford it, go full KAC. The rifle value will be high and the quality is worth the extra money. just my $.015
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    A little off topic but when you guys buy full kac guns, do you find yourself swapping out your buffer systems for A5s? I have been slowly converting my guns because i really love the system.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Buy the complete rifle, the SR-15 is a weapon system and without the proprietary lower, you're only getting half the system.

Also, I know a lower is a lower is a lower as long as it's in spec but there seems to be something especially ass backwards about putting a KAC upper on a PSA lower.... as in, that's about as ****ed up as a football bat.

I would say entire rifle as well, throwing a KAC upper on a junk lower simply isn't right. The only exception is if you are upgrading lowers from the KAC, for example if you purchased the AX556 lower like I did (I love the right side bolt hold open feature).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to recap. I did buy a full mod 2. Got the acss Acog with an rmr on top and a vortex razor hd II 1-6. I had another build that needed an optic so I figured I'd put my preference on the KAC once I get them both out to shoot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast