Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine-manufactured 1911's

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Like I said, I had no idea about how much of their story was true, and sorry for perpetuating the PI-Colt connection, but as one of those guys shot in the lane next to me, I can tell you he didn't have a single issue with his 1911, so they had something going for them...
    No biggie. Only about a zillion people daily pass those stories around. I remember when I once volunteered for something when I was in the Army. Now that was dumb!

Feedback Score
    I own an RIA in 45 ACP and so far it has ran very well. It's a pretty accurate and reliable handgun that Ive had for 2-3 years and shot a lot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I purchased a RIA 9mm 1911 in 2013 and have had good luck with it. I had to adjust the extractor early on. Accuracy was not quite what I wanted, so I purchased a barrel bushing from EGW that was machined based on the measurements I provided.

I've fired a wide variety of ammunition and I am happy with it. The only negative I care to mention is that it is the older billboard model. The newer models do not have giant lettering on the sides of the slides, which in my opinion is more desirable.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a Citadel (made by Armscor) that was a nice pistol. I had some issues early on with the slide not locking back on empty, but it appeared that the slide stop was "overly fitted" as in they filed down the nub that engages the follower too much and it was allowing the follower to jump over the slide stop. Dropped in an old springer one I had left over and it ran fine after that.

One issue that I did have is that the frame appeared to be a bit larger at the dust cover than my Springer as my surefire MR07 rail adapter would not fit on that pistol. I think they are a solid value though and would not hesitate to try another one if I decided to get back into 1911's.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems there's a limit to 1911's from the Philippines as base guns.

Soft frame?

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    Seems there's a limit to 1911's from the Philippines as base guns.

Soft frame?
    As other manufacturers, their frames are Cast 4140 Carbon Steel. If processed properly which I'm sure they are, they'll more than hold their on for their intended purpose.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    As other manufacturers, their frames are Cast 4140 Carbon Steel.
    If processed properly which I'm sure they are, they'll more than hold their on for their intended purpose.
    I'm sure that's true, but looking around Clark Custom Guns website they have a disclaimer they
    won't work on any Philippine guns or 1911's smaller then 4.25" Commander size.

http://clarkcustomguns.com/gunsmithi.../1911-handgun/

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    Haven't heard any complaints about these guns having soft frames. Maybe earlier in their history?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is a quote from the FAQ section of the Armscor website: "Our 1911 Frames are Cast 4140 Carbon Steel and our Slides are Forged 4140 Steel." 4140 Carbon Steel has been used for rifle barrels, bolts and receivers for year.
    Last edited by T2C; 01-14-17 at 17:29.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no dog in this hunt, or anything against these 1911's.

Just thought it odd a reputable gunsmith / shop around since 1950
    would have this view. Could be based on past history I guess.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast