Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4Carbine history and the CZ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The first pistol I ever purchased was a CZ 85 combat chambered in 9mm. All of my friends thought I was crazy for not getting a glock. I reminded them I wanted sa/da solid metal gun for a reasonable price. Then when they shot it at the range, they realized why I purchased it over other pistols. It fits my hands perfect and makes an average shooter, shoot decent. (Side note, the only pistol I like better than it ergonomically is my Walther PPQ M2 .45acp but that's for another thread)

I've had some parts break it wear out, i.e. Recoil springs wearing and slide stop breaking. Took about 5K rounds for that to happen in a span of two years. I added some CZ custom parts too. I love the gun, any issues with it otherwise came down to crappy ammo. As long as they keep producing good weapons I will always recommend them. I'd like to get a CZ rifle chambered in 22 magnum one of these days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with Mike Pannone's use of CZ pistols too. I have always been a fan of CZ and it was my first pistol but they have been flying under the radar for many years.
    Mr. Pannone's article about the P-07 over at Defense Review is almost entirely where my involvement with CZ pistols began. My family has always had a strong relationship with CZ rifles; the Mauser action CZ I've shot are lazer beams. After handling and shooting a P-07, I knew that I had to have one.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    When I bought my first pistol, I got a 75 compact 40. Cz refused to make a compact 75, with a light and safety in 9mm. After frustration of lack of aftremarked support, I sold it and got an m&p.

Great gun, and I loved it, just didn't fit for my uses. I do miss the recoil on that thing, very light, especially considering it was 40.

Feedback Score
    If CZ wanted my feedback on the 75 I'd tell them the firing pin retaining pins are weak (they break from dry firing), the philips head grip screws are tacky, the sights cut your hand when you try to rack the slide aggressively, the slide is too hard to get a hold of to rack if your hands are wet, it's too hard to remove the firing pin, and the green glow in the dark sights would be better painted white. The whole "having the slide ride inside the frame makes it more accurate" thing is just a bunch of nonsense for practical defensive shooting. I'd rather have a G Beretta instead.

I'd be interested in the 550 bolt actions if they had as nice of a fit and finish as the 452 and they came with stripper clips to make them a bit more exciting.
    Last edited by Andrewsky; 01-11-17 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsky View Post
    If CZ wanted my feedback on the 75 I'd tell them the firing pin retaining pins are weak (they break from dry firing),
    Use snap caps when dry firing. Problem solved.

the philips head grip screws are tacky,
    Easily, and cheaply replaced with nicer screws from Brownells.

the sights cut your hand when you try to rack the slide aggressively,
    Never had that problem with any of my CZ's, including my PCR (carry gun) with the Novak like sights. Also, sights are easily replaceable. Many replace the cheap Glock plastic sights for example.

the slide is too hard to get a hold of to rack if your hands are wet, it's too hard to remove the firing pin, and the green glow in the dark sights would be better painted white. The whole "having the slide ride inside the frame makes it more accurate" thing is just a bunch of nonsense for practical defensive shooting. I'd rather have a G Beretta instead.
    Again, never had an issue gripping, nor racking the slide. My CZ's are consistently more accurate than my Beretta 92FS. I like accurate firearms. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I have owned CZ pistols since 1994. I've always been fascinated with Combloc stuff, probably because it wasn't readily available before the early 90's, and also some of it is just darn good. When I first owned CZ's many people believed they were just cheap, commie guns that were poorly made, and poorly finished. They worked for me, so I kept buying them over the years, and have watched their offerings expand, and the finish quality get better, not that I've had any poor quality examples.

While I am not a polymer fan, and prefer the more traditional CZ's offerings, they've expanded their excellent polymer line to embrace a wider range of shooters. However, they still produce excellent metal framed pistols, for defense, and even an expanded enhanced line like the Shadow series.

I don't own any CZ rifles yet, but from what I hear they are excellent, and they've shown innovation with the EVO, and Bren guns. When I get another bolt gun for hunting, it will most likely be a CZ. I half expected CZ to lose their way, somewhat like Sig, as their success grew. But, so far, no signs of that. With the new P-10, they may get a part of the LE market. I hope CZ continues on its current path, and does not let success ruin them. They still offer excellent firearms, at very competitive prices.
    I gotta ask. What is it with the American gun buying public and their infatuation with"fit and finish"? I'm not saying it's OK to just slap firearms together any which way but I never understood the whole.....If it's poorly finished it's poorly made mentality.

I've had a few CZs. My first was a 75 compact. It was a good gun but I never liked the heavy DA trigger. Along with that they were never really lefty friendly. Used to be that the 85 was it when you wanted a ambi safety or decocker. Afterwards I had a P09 when they first came out but there were frame bulging problems a d I sold it. Had a 85 for a while, which actually had a good DA trigger but ended up trading for something else.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-11-17 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    Use snap caps when dry firing. Problem solved.

Easily, and cheaply replaced with nicer screws from Brownells.

Never had that problem with any of my CZ's, including my PCR (carry gun) with the Novak like sights. Also, sights are easily replaceable. Many replace the cheap Glock plastic sights for example.

Again, never had an issue gripping, nor racking the slide. My CZ's are consistently more accurate than my Beretta 92FS. I like accurate firearms. YMMV.
    A lot of my complaints aren't major. They're more like annoyances. The firing pin retaining pins broke after over 100k dry fires, the screws are no big deal, the P-01 sights are the sharp ones, and difficulty of racking the slide is subjective.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I gotta ask. What is it with the American gun buying public and their infatuation with"fit and finish"? I'm not saying it's OK to just slap firearms together any which way but I never understood the whole.....If it's poorly finished it's poorly made mentality.

I've had a few CZs. My first was a 75 compact. It was a good gun but I never liked the heavy DA trigger. Along with that they were never really lefty friendly. Used to be that the 85 was it when you wanted a ambi safety or decocker. Afterwards I had a P09 when they first came out but there were frame bulging problems a d I sold it. Had a 85 for a while, which actually had a good DA trigger but ended up trading for something else.

Good question. I always wondered why people worried about machine marks where there's no contact, but never cared enough to question it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Good question. I always wondered why people worried about machine marks where there's no contact, but never cared enough to question it
    Same, I just didn't bother typing that. Basically the "fit and finish" part

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast