Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M4Carbine history and the CZ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    If you pick up and actually read one of those relics called a book many folks might be shocked to read even someone like Jeff Cooper gave the weapon very high marks...
    I knew we'd eventually get there.

Jeff Cooper also thought it was a good idea to strap a pistol scope on a bolt action rifle and go walk around on the battlefield...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with Mike Pannone's use of CZ pistols too.
    Yup. Combine that with Cooper's fondness of them and you can see the influence on consumers.

Back when I was 21 and working for an FFL I was torn between the P-01 and the G19. I settled on the G19, since I am of the mind set of consolidation I never picked up a CZ and probably never will.

Damn fine pistolas those CZ's, the P-01 fit me like the proverbial glove.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 01-14-17 at 03:38.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I knew we'd eventually get there.
    Jeff Cooper also thought it was a good idea to strap a pistol scope on a bolt action rifle and go walk around on the battlefield...
    True. In reality I think the Aimpoint, EO, and RMR replaced the forward-mounted scope (at least on the AR/M4).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't know that I've ever spoken to anyone who's actually said "I purchased X firearm because John Doe uses it." Anyone who needs a fighting, carry, or competition pistol knows what to look for in a handgun as far as ergonomics, reliability, support, etc. I suppose you might get some stragglers that are inexperienced in firearms that saw a video on YouTube, but they're a lot more likely to say "MAC/hickok45/etc. seemed to like this thing" rather than a they bought it because a relatively obscure (to the public) figure like Pannone or Cooper utilized it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    Anyone who needs a fighting, carry, or competition pistol knows what to look for in a handgun as far as ergonomics, reliability, support, etc.
    I don't agree with this sentiment at all. There is a lot of bad info out their, M4C is rare compared to other gun forums. Other forums view M4C as a bunch of snobs and elitists.

Just look how popular shit like the Taurus Judge is among the firearm community.

I would venture to say most people have never heard of Mike Pannone. Last year at SHOT LAV wanted to do a piece on Ruger's new striker fired pistol and the rep didn't even know who he was.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I think highly enough of CZs that I have a couple of the second generation P-07s and I carry one AIWB often.

With that being said, I'll hold off on buying the P-10c until it has been on the market for a couple years. I do enough beta testing at work.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    Been a CZ fan for the last 15 years.Own 2 pistols,3 rifles and 1 shotgun.Quality product IMHO..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I don't agree with this sentiment at all. There is a lot of bad info out their, M4C is rare compared to other gun forums. Other forums view M4C as a bunch of snobs and elitists.
    Truth. If you ever think most of the firearm community knows what they're talking about, join a FB gun group. I'm a member of a group called GLOCK NATION on FB and some of the stuff posted on there is shocking.

Not suprising though, considering its a FB gun group called GLOCK NATION. There are a few knowledgeable folks on there though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Just look how popular shit like the Taurus Judge is among the firearm community.

I would venture to say most people have never heard of Mike Pannone. Last year at SHOT LAV wanted to do a piece on Ruger's new striker fired pistol and the rep didn't even know who he was.
    Agreed.

Go on another forum and ask about any other firearm. 98% will be positive reviews. Doesn't matter what it is the answer is always ...Looks good ...And .....I had one for X years and it never failed. Doesn't matter that years of ownership and use are two different things

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The CZ kool-aid is very strong and sweet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast