Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant Conversion: Archangel

Feedback Score

Mosin Nagant Conversion: Archangel

As much as I wanted to like my Mosin Nagant, I had to modernize it.

Much of the work was just removing the internals of the Mosin, and removing the pins from the leaf sights. Everything else was pretty much a drop in evolution.

Pro Mag Archangel body, Texas Precision Muzzle Break, Timney trigger, Brass Stacker Rail, and a long eye relief UTG scope with lighted reticle.

The muzzle break takes the bite out of the recoil.

The Timney trigger makes a world of difference in feel of the trigger.

The Brass Stacker doesn't require a rifle to be drilled and tapped, nor does it require a bent bolt.

I needed about 9-10" of eye relief given the forward position of the scope.

Finally completed. I have a bipod coming in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just when I thought m4carbine had hit rock bottom...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I suggest you:

I won't hassle you for it. I have mixed opinions on it.

But, when you posted this, you opened yourself up for a world of trolling.

I am moderately surprised it's been so long without more.

Just... I know how it is making a thread and having high hopes for a welcoming... You probably won't get one like that. Dunno why, I say: Do you, bro.

But, just don't expect the best.

Hopefully, ymmv.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I suggest you:

I won't hassle you for it. I have mixed opinions on it.

But, when you posted this, you opened yourself up for a world of trolling.

I am moderately surprised it's been so long without more.

Just... I know how it is making a thread and having high hopes for a welcoming... You probably won't get one like that. Dunno why, I say: Do you, bro.

But, just don't expect the best.

Hopefully, ymmv.
    I didn't expect much. It was better to at least try it, since it just sat in a corner, unused.

Different strokes for different folks, I know.

I will try it out this weekend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you get a chance to get it out to a long range, I would be interested in knowing how far it will consistently shoot to.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'll take some heat off of you CDR. A shared load is easier to carry

It's respectable from a collectors' point of view to make non-permanent or irreversible changes. Your rifle can always go back stock.

I'm from the other camp. It's your rifle, make it bend a knee to your will. Most people see accuracy improvements when the barrel is shortened to the 18-22" range.

Cut to 20", Dovetail delete, Drill/tap scope mount. Turn down bolt handle made from grade 8 bolt and differential check plug. Then ground down to not resemble a bolt and check plug.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I'll take some heat off of you CDR. A shared load is easier to carry

It's respectable from a collectors' point of view to make non-permanent or irreversible changes. Your rifle can always go back stock.

I'm from the other camp. It's your rifle, make it bend a knee to your will. Most people see accuracy improvements when the barrel is shortened to the 18-22" range.

Cut to 20", Dovetail delete, Drill/tap scope mount. Turn down bolt handle made from grade 8 bolt and differential check plug. Then ground down to not resemble a bolt and check plug.
    Wow. Now, that is impressive.

I have a Sako Tikka that I use for precision shooting. This Mod was more for fun, and the process of doing it. I'm a physician so this was out of my typical comfort zone.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Wow. Now, that is impressive.

I have a Sako Tikka that I use for precision shooting. This Mod was more for fun, and the process of doing it. I'm a physician so this was out of my typical comfort zone.
    I completely understand. You couldn't tell by looking at it but I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 hours (spread over a couple years) in mine. A lathe and mill could've shrunk my time investment. But, where's the fun in that?

Mine shoots great with PPU 150 grain soft points. I have achieved real life clover-leafs (not the internet type) with the PPU. However, they were only 3 shot groups. Kind of a punishing rifle when you remove weight and stay with the steel butt plate.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 01-13-17 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    I had an issue with the mount so I was unable to properly zero it. Last night, mounted the scope again and used a laser bore sighted to get it very close to zero. This will make me have a more productive range outing this weekend.

Again, I'm no gun smith. I'm a physician who just tinkers with stuff. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast