Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele 2017 shot show preview

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everything looks awesome! Except the 3" strip of 1913 rail at the end if the new MK13, I get why people like that style of rail, just not for me.

The DSL based coating with 450K cycles and that little wear is impressive. I wonder how resistant it is to dumb Pvts and Pfc's being told by dumb Ssgt's to scrub their weapons "clean".

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi
    Last edited by MOLON AABE; 01-11-17 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    I was genuinely wondering when DSL-type ceramic/diamond composite coatings were going to make it into firearms. They've been an emerging technology / standard for certain parts of aerospace for a while, but I guess that their applications weren't so directly related to cyclic mechanical wear as much as thermal gradients and thermal wear. These are some of the coolest coatings out there, and generally speaking, Geissele does their homework and knocks it right out of the park.

Also, a Geissele-class single stage sounds pretty great. The ALG single stage triggers get a lot of love, and I'm interested to see how much of an improvement these will be.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 01-11-17 at 12:39. Reason: triggers, oh my!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Wow, I wonder how much that weighs? Neat though.
    Didn't the front half of the sheath end up being 1.8oz after milling? I'd guess the entire thing weighs 6oz.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm very impressed. Bill Geissele is a mechanical genius. I haven't seen anything any of his companies has put out that I just didn't like. I'm very intrigued by the new Nano Weapon coating.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is the OPs link not working for anyone else?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    works fine for me, but try removing the m. maybe?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON AABE View Post
    Everything looks awesome! Except the 3" strip of 1913 rail at the end if the new MK13, I get why people like that style of rail, just not for me.
    I agree with this.

I've always wanted to use the Geissele rails for their robustness but just never liked the feel of the profile (even less than quad rails). The Mk13 could be the answer.

Looking forward to more info on everything and time frames.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Geissele amazing! But I'll tell you my opinion.

Geissele CH - Elegant, beautiful, robust. I want one. - Winner!

The single stage trigger - I going to get one, I want to see what G can do with a single stage. Winner!

ALG Juice - I'm not as excited, but I'll probably give it a try. I prefer old fashioned oil like Weapon Shield. - No big Deal.

Mk13 - I'm glad G is more worried about weight now, but I don't get picatinny at the end of an Mlok rail - Good upgrade, but why?

NCC - Coatings are interesting, and a super hard coating is enticing, but coatings have been disappointing to me over the years. Cost is a concern. - Maybe a Winner for the high end!

AM Knife - Cool but there are some amazing knife makers out there (Like Busse Combat), the sheath is very cool, but is it a solution seeking a problem. Again cost? - G will sell some and the cool factor is there, but the trend is still to a little larger knives. - Mild seller, not bad for first generation.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Argh! He didn't tell us what the groove on the knife was for, and it's killing me!

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I though it said it was what the sheath clip hooked onto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast