Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele 2017 shot show preview

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Looks like some very promising additions to their lineup. The grease, triggers, and rail definitely have me interested. Probably in that order.

Now, the DSL coating gets a spot in a league of its own. I'll temper my excitement pending further information, T&E, and end user reports; but this could be a game changer. A number of others have gone down the "no-lube" and extreme wear road with varying degrees of success. The industry has been circling these solutions, and a runaway breakthrough seems inevitable. If It turns out to be the next big thing, it'll be interesting to see the applications.

It's a golden age for America's favorite black rifle. With our history's best gun salesman checking out in two weeks, companies will have to drive demand through innovation and competition. It's a great time to be a consumer in the firearm market!
    Picatinny have been testing a DSL coating.

95% wear reduction when run dry vs Phosphate + CLP.

There's pictures out there comparing the two coatings after 15,000 rounds.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 01-11-17 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Is the OPs link not working for anyone else?
    Wasn't working for me either, had to google it to find it. They posted it to their Youtube page.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ChoppinFatTony; 01-11-17 at 16:38.
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I really like my Geissele rails and trigger. In fact, I just sold my KMR to pick up an MK8 because I just love the way they mount and I actually found that I prefer a wider rail, but if the information in this video is correct I don't think weight was the big concern with the MK13. If that was a 13" rail in the video (and judging by the m-lol slots I think it was) then it weighs .1 oz less than the advertised mounted weight of the MK4 and .1 oz more than the MK8. It is narrow though and people do seem to prefer that so I suppose it's a good move. When the MK8 was on sale for $200 I was worried that something was in the hopper that would make me wish I'd waited so personally this is a relief.

Also, isn't the Super Three Gun their first single stage trigger to market?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppinFatTony View Post
    Wasn't working for me either, had to google it to find it. They posted it to their Youtube page.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Sorry guys didn't notice that M before the rest of the link I erased it it should work better now

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Geissele 2017 shot show preview

Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Single stage "feel".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jstalford; 01-11-17 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I really like my Geissele rails and trigger. In fact, I just sold my KMR to pick up an MK8 because I just love the way they mount and I actually found that I prefer a wider rail, but if the information in this video is correct I don't think weight was the big concern with the MK13. If that was a 13" rail in the video (and judging by the m-lol slots I think it was) then it weighs .1 oz less than the advertised mounted weight of the MK4 and .1 oz more than the MK8. It is narrow though and people do seem to prefer that so I suppose it's a good move. When the MK8 was on sale for $200 I was worried that something was in the hopper that would make me wish I'd waited so personally this is a relief.

The super 3 gun really isn't a single stage. It's kinda like a hybrid. It doesn't have a defined wall and then trigger break. You just pull through and the gun goes off.

I have a SD-3G that I'll be selling to pick up a trigger with a defined wall. The SD-3G is fast as heck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Aren't the ALG triggers single stage?

Feedback Score
    Was hoping for more rails, disappointing considering they announced that the mk9 would be released after last year's shot show and a year later there's only a slimmer but less attractive mk4. If they don't up their game they may lose the title of king of rails

Feedback Score
    I'll be interested to see if the new DSL coating is used on a mil-spec BCG. I'd buy one (or three) for sure.

It was interesting to hear that NCC's coating is "nearly" what the real-deal DSL is. I didn't know a government entity like Picatinny could copyright something. I thought copyrights were for the civvie commercial sector (?).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast