Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele 2017 shot show preview

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't understand the haters. I love my MK8 and the only complaint I have ever had about it is that it is bulky. I'm not a fan of the MK4 but obviously they sold well or Geissele wouldn't have continued the design. I'm sure there is a slim version of the MK8 as well and I will buy a 15" version immediately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I really like my Geissele rails and trigger. In fact, I just sold my KMR to pick up an MK8 because I just love the way they mount and I actually found that I prefer a wider rail, but if the information in this video is correct I don't think weight was the big concern with the MK13. If that was a 13" rail in the video (and judging by the m-lol slots I think it was) then it weighs .1 oz less than the advertised mounted weight of the MK4 and .1 oz more than the MK8. It is narrow though and people do seem to prefer that so I suppose it's a good move. When the MK8 was on sale for $200 I was worried that something was in the hopper that would make me wish I'd waited so personally this is a relief.

Also, isn't the Super Three Gun their first single stage trigger to market?
    I agree with you about the MK 13.

I think the big upside of the MK 13 is the diameter of the rail as opposed to the MK 4. The MK 4 diameter doesn't bother me, but I also know it it too large for some people. I must have some bear paws because the M9's grip doesn't bother me either.

Very interested to see the barrel nut compared to the standard MK 4/MK 8 barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Agreed. More than anything, I was hoping for more options with the Mk8 rather than a whole new rail. I wanted to see something in a 10.5" length maybe.

Yeap. They don't make 10" or 11" or 12" rails which are industry standard lengths.

Right now I can't cover a 11.5" colt barrel with a Geissele rail.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Scott is writing everything I am thinking about the rails. I'm disappointed in the rails

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was one rail talked about in the video and Geissele said they were going to be announcing a couple rails! Shot isn't until next week and nobody knows what Geissele is bringing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those that dislike the forward pic. sections on the new MK13 rail:

Bill Geiselle said on TOS that the MK14 will be the same rail sans the forward picatinny sections.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm hoping they have Sig MPX/MCX specific triggers at SHOT. Want to pick up a MCX in 9mm for USPSA PCC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't like the new rail.

They should have used the same barrel nut IMO. This way people can switch rails without having to swap barrel nuts (especially pinned muzzle device folks). It also looks like it might be .4" shorter. The length of their barrel nut was one of Geissele's selling points.

There should be M-Lok slots at least at the 1:30 and 11:30, preferably at the 4:30 and 7:30 as well.

The anti-rotation tabs on this rail will not work as well as on their other rails. There is a tolerance on the thickness of the upper receiver. This style of anti-rotation tabs will only prevent the rail from completely unscrewing because there will always be some slop between the tabs and the upper. Geissele's set screw anti-rotation tabs will keep the rail from rotating at all because the set screws are snugged all the way up to the upper.

I guess the appeal is that it is slimmer and lighter and the way they made it slimmer and lighter was by deleting those features.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What I've been waiting for is the Mk6 full M1913 rail.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pezboy View Post
    There should be M-Lok slots at least at the 1:30 and 11:30, preferably at the 4:30 and 7:30 as well.
    Per Geissele on TOS, which also reflects the Mk13

On the Mk14 the angled quadrants are too tight to meet the Mlok width spec. When making Mlok comparable stuff it has to meet the Magpul spec

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast