Hello All,

The longer I'm on this site, the more I find myself in analysis paralysis when I have to make a decision. I can't seem to do it without running it by the forum first. So, here goes.

Before the election, I went on a panic buying spree getting the parts that I thought would be restricted for pretty much every build that I had planned for the foreseeable future. One of those was a new go to 'battle rifle' and one was a precision build.
I picked up a Vltor MUR upper for the precision build because it was supposed to be more rigid and reduce POI shift. But, then I decided on an Aero enhanced upper and one of the associated rails that doesn't interface with the barrel nut to try and avoid the POI shift altogether. So, I decided that I'd use the MUR for my battle rifle.

Fast forward to tonight when I started to assemble things. I pull out the MUR upper and I see that I ordered the version without the forward assist. I decided that since it was going on a precision build I wouldn't need it. So, all of that leads to my decision:

Should I go ahead and use the MUR despite the fact that it doesn't have an FA because it's supposedly tougher and I'll likely not need it? Or, should I use one of my standard Aero or Spikes uppers that may not be as rigid but that do have an FA just in case I need it?

If you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time

JRC