Thread: Shipping Spring 2017: PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 for 300 Blackout

Feedback Score

Shipping Spring 2017: PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 for 300 Blackout

The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 is a purpose-built magazine for 300 Blackout rifles. Designed to meet end-user requirements for a magazine capable of feeding the wide variety of 300 Blackout bullet weights and profiles with absolute reliability, the PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 ensures 300 Blackout shooters no longer need to compromise on feeding performance.

(MAG800, MSRP $15.95)

Read more: PMAG 30 AR 300 B

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've never had feeding issues with my 300 BLK.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    I've never had feeding issues with my 300 BLK.
    Me neither, even with the heavy pills.

But a normal 6.8spc mag would have been great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's about mean rounds between stoppages (MRBS) with more conventional projos. Although regular PMAGs work pretty darned well, the extra interference from improper stacking due to bullet ogives (sometimes seems like it's a weak spring problem) can result in less reliability, but only noticeable in bad conditions or over many rounds. These will also handle weird but effective projos like the Lehigh Defense with greater reliability.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know your website states Spring 2017 but I was wondering if someone could be a little more specific as to the release date? Couple weeks yet? April? May?
    I've got some Blackout projos that don't feed very well & I'm crossing my fingers that these mags improve the process a tad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    No specifics yet, but will post here when we do.

Feedback Score

NOW SHIPPING: PMAG® 30 AR 300 B GEN M3™

PMAG® 30 AR 300 B GEN M3™

PMAG® 30 AR 300 B GEN M3™ Video

Why a Dedicated 300 BLK Mag?

While some 300 BLK ammo runs consistently in 5.56 magazines for some users, others have found it to be problematic. At the request of some demanding professional users, we have designed an ultra-reliable magazine dedicated to handling the challenges of various 300 BLK ammunition types.

Optimizes Round Stack

300 BLK rounds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and some don’t interface correctly with the contact areas in a 5.56 mag. This can ultimately cause stoppages. By designing a PMAG® specifically for 300 BLK, we were able to optimize the round stack for the increasing variety of 300 BLK projectiles.

Minimizes Side Pressure and Friction

Dust or suppressor fouling magnify the problem—especially with certain subsonic rounds. This creates side pressure within the mag, adding friction and slowing the stack movement upwards. Commonly misdiagnosed as a spring issue, this is a geometry issue that our PMAG® 30 AR 300 B GEN M3™ is engineered to solve.

Avoids Caliber Misidentification

The dedicated PMAG® for 300 BLK includes tactile and visual cues that differentiate it from 5.56 PMAGs for those who need to switch types of ammunition rapidly, avoid dangerous misidentifications and cross loading.

Maintains PMAG Reliability

Along with the corrected geometry for a perfect round stack, the PMAG® 30 AR 300 B GEN M3™ carries forward all of the other features that the PMAG is known for, like long-life stainless steel springs, four way anti-tilt followers and constant curve internal geometry. This all adds up to bring you the flawless performance that Magpul® is known for with nearly any 300 BLK ammo.