Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout Rifle Qs

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Scout Rifle Qs

Finally got the scout rifle and Leupold 1.5-4 28mm scout scope. I want to put in the forward position. I see the rings supplied with the rifle are only for more traditional position. Leupold QRW low rings or Warne Scope Mounts Quick Detach Rings GTG?

I see it now comes with one metal mag, where it used to come with one metal and one polymer mag I recall.

What 10rnd mags are GTG? Magpul AICS .308 mags?

Rec me a sling?

Now gotta grab some ammo to site it in and a few boxes of good stuff.....

Tanx
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have always used Leupold rings and bases on my hunting rifles. That would be my choice out of the two you listed, but I don't have any experience with Warne's products. For the sling google the Ching sling. Not sure who makes it but it is the sling all of the scout rifle "purist" use and recommend. Which brand title did you buy?

Feedback Score
    Another good sling is the Rhodesian sling which is a variation of the Ching sling. I actually have one on my AR and like it.

Synthetic: http://www.thewilderness.com/langloi...odesian-sling/

Leather:
    https://www.andysleather.com/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I have always used Leupold rings and bases on my hunting rifles. That would be my choice out of the two you listed, but I don't have any experience with Warne's products. For the sling google the Ching sling. Not sure who makes it but it is the sling all of the scout rifle "purist" use and recommend. Which brand title did you buy?
    My bad, per other thread on optics, Ruger GS Scout.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use warne rings pretty much exclusively...I prefer their clamping style. I think it's more secure and less likely to damage the tube. They're pretty easy to install and I've never had any issues at all with them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I use warne rings pretty much exclusively...I prefer their clamping style. I think it's more secure and less likely to damage the tube. They're pretty easy to install and I've never had any issues at all with them.
    Gonna try em then.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Finally got the scout rifle and Leupold 1.5-4 28mm scout scope. I want to put in the forward position. I see the rings supplied with the rifle are only for more traditional position. Leupold QRW low rings or Warne Scope Mounts Quick Detach Rings GTG?

I see it now comes with one metal mag, where it used to come with one metal and one polymer mag I recall.

What 10rnd mags are GTG? Magpul AICS .308 mags?

Rec me a sling?

Now gotta grab some ammo to site it in and a few boxes of good stuff.....

Tanx
    Leupold QRW low. I have 5 sets on scouts and am very happy with them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have the Warne rings as well. Think they are good rings and like the way they clamp the tube as stated earlier. I had to go to med rings as the low caused the bell to hit. Get the hornady cheek pad and it brings the cheek weld back into a decide spot.

The Warne quick disconnect are kind of a pain for inserting and removing from my Eberlestock. They extend a bit much. What is nice is that you can pull, (maybe push) the levers out and point them in a direction that helps prevent snags, but still there. Have not removed and attached to check zero.

Andy's leather is the Ching Sling I have. If you purchase it through Ruger, you can get it embossed/stamped with the Ruger logo. I have it, but not currently attached to rifle.

I wish I'd gotten the Leupold, you did good there.

The dead air armament is a great brake for it.

I think mine came with 2 stamped steel mags.

I since bought some Ruger polymer 3,5, and 10 rounders. I really like the 3 and 5 rounders with 3rd being the winner of them all.

I have an LR-308 and the magpul mags for it do NOT fit the scout.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-13-17 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I have the Warne rings as well. Think they are good rings and like the way they clamp the tube as stated earlier. I had to go to med rings as the low caused the bell to hit. Get the hornady cheek pad and it brings the cheek weld back into a decide spot.

The Warne quick disconnect are kind of a pain for inserting and removing from my Eberlestock. They extend a bit much. What is nice is that you can pull, (maybe push) the levers out and point them in a direction that helps prevent snags, but still there. Have not removed and attached to check zero.

Andy's leather is the Ching Sling I have. If you purchase it through Ruger, you can get it embossed/stamped with the Ruger logo. I have it, but not currently attached to rifle.

I wish I'd gotten the Leupold, you did good there.

The dead air armament is a great brake for it.
    I have a Dead Air Sandman Ti at my dealer waiting on ATF to approve the paperwork. It will do duadruple duty on my GSR, my DD5V1, my 300 AAC Blackout, and my SRC 25-45 Ar-15. Plan to get more cans especially if the Hearing Protection Act is passed and becomes law. After supply catches up to demand, maybe the prices will come down.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have the Sandman L. Think the TI mounts a little different and brake design is different as well. I am like you, I have almost as much invested in brakes as I do the suppressor.

If you can remember to swap it back to 30cal when shooting 30cal, they have a 22cal/5.56 end plate for it.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-14-17 at 09:35.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast