Thread: Trying to mount a Scout M600 under a PEQ 15

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Trying to mount a Scout M600 under a PEQ 15

I've been happily running my BCM 11.5", KMR-A, with a X300u and IWC/Haley Thorntail for some time. At the very front 12 o'clock is the BUIS. At 10 ish I've got the X300u. It's natural for me to activate the light with my support thumb and I'd like to change things as little as I can.

We'll be getting PEQ 15's soon and although I'm new to them, have been highly suggested to mount them at the very front and 12 o'clock. I already plan on ditching the BUIS. I'm also taking this opportunity to go with the M600.

BCM has this which looks like it will work, although I plan to mount it on the left side and for simplicity's sake use the tailcap to activate as I don't want to add the remote switch.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGU...bcm-slm-km.htm

IWC has a few possibilities but without really having them in hand it's hard to tell if stuff will clear each other. I know Unity Tactical has a solution but I'd like something simple in one piece. In the end I'll go with what I need to but right now I'd like to change my support hand grip as little as possible once the laser is added.

Appreciate any input!

Feedback Score
    Have you checked out the mount options from Haley Strategic? Offsets the lights.

https://www.haleystrategic.com/weapo...mination-tools
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sometimes the easiest solution is already under your nose.

As I originally noted, I'm currently using an X300u mounted with a Haley Thorntail offset. I just figured since the X300u didn't fit under the PEQ15, I'd need to try a different mounting system. Before ordering a Scout M600 I tried putting a buddy's Scout on my gun with the current mount and it was a perfect fit, almost like it was made for my set-up.

20170114_133309_resized.jpg

20170114_133334_resized.jpg

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    How are you going to activate that? Thumb on top of the PEQ?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Hand gymnastics ya know... I was wondering the same.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The MAWL can't come to market soon enough.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Look into an Arisaka M600 light body if you want to run it at the 10:30. Their inline mount is low profile and gives enough of a forward cantilever position to clear the body of the PEQ and still allow both the light placement you want and the use of a tape switch for the PEQ at the 10:30 as well. (kind of in line with the tailcap, if that makes sense)

Then tuck that tapeswitch wherever it's intuitive to use, and secure the excess wire to the rail with zip ties and get to doing the Lord's work.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I started a thread on this a few weeks ago...
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ead&highlight=
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you haven't already solved this problem. Our LightWing was specifically built for this purpose.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yup. It's not as natural as hitting the Scout light, but it works, even with my size medium hands.

We just got them and will train a bit more before we go fully operational with NV and IR on warrants, thus constant on white light is still how we run warrants once entry is made. Once things change I'll probably need to evaluate using a tape switch, which is what I wanted to avoid.