Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR-25 E2 ACC accuracy with M80 ball

Feedback Score

KAC SR-25 E2 ACC accuracy with M80 ball

Clearly 7.62 NATO firearms have advanced since I bought all my legacy rifles (kit-built FALs, L1A1s, M14s, and G3s) and ammunition (M80 surplus stacked deep).

The KAC SR-25 E2 ACC, Swiss Arms SG 751, and FN SCAR 17S are the most interesting modern 7.62 NATO offerings to me. I assume most of you feed your SR-25s premium ammunition like Federal Gold Medal Match, but I'm curious how well modern SR-25s shoot standard M80. Anyone tried it? What's your 10 shot group size, with which ammo, at what distance, from what position, with what support? Is there an appreciable accuracy improvement over the big 3 legacy rifles with standard M80?

For what it's worth, I shoot primarily from prone rested from 200 to 600 yards, iron sights only. Since I've continued to practice over the years, I can still shoot 4–6" (10 ring) 10 shot groups at 200 yards at will from prone rested with my old guns and ammo. Should I move on from the 1950s?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    My average group sizes with the various M80 type (147-150gr FMJ) is 3-5 inches at 100 yards.
    From bipod, prone or bench, with 1-6, 1-8, 4-16, and 3-18x optics.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    About what I would have suspected......great thanks for that.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    My average group sizes with the various M80 type (147-150gr FMJ) is 3-5 inches at 100 yards.
    From bipod, prone or bench, with 1-6, 1-8, 4-16, and 3-18x optics.
    Wonderful, thank you. With that rifle, I'd guess using FGMM cuts the group size in half or thereabouts. Is that correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus ex View Post
    Wonderful, thank you. With that rifle, I'd guess using FGMM cuts the group size in half or thereabouts. Is that correct?
    IMG_0179 2.jpg

My ACC with 175gr FGMM. With 168 and 175gr FGMM it groups from about .70 to 1" on average. My experience with M80 is pretty much inline with Jack's, 3 MOA or so.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus ex View Post
    Of course, each rifle is its own data point, but my personal ACC is an honest 1.5" at 100 yards performer with decent match ammo. Sometimes the groups are a little better, and some lots are better than others, but I can pretty much guarantee that if I don't do anything too stupid, the bullet will hit within 0.75" of where the intended point of impact is with 168gr or 175gr SMKs. FGMM has been very consistent for me.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    My 5 shot groups with my APC is typically .90. The first 3 rounds are under .5 almost always. The next two open up the group a little. With 175 FGMM.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Give the German MEN ball ammo a shot. It shot very well from my AI and much better than most other ball loads from gas guns in my experirnce.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    Give the German MEN ball ammo a shot. It shot very well from my AI and much better than most other ball loads from gas guns in my experirnce.
    Looking for good general purpose ammo to shoot when my supply of ZQI runs out. Will look into the MEN. Not the first time I'm hearing positive things about it. Thanks, brother.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Put MEN or ZQI into 10 round groups consistently through about anything and compare them to alternatives, I have not found them to be worthwhile alternatives to others in the market even with the price point when that takes that role. If precision matters there are better options, if a group opens up using this, look at what you are feeding this as an issue, not necessarily a base firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast