Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: sugestions for a new 1911

Feedback Score
    Really liking the DW valor in blued carbon steel. Now to find a dealer local that I can look at one.

Feedback Score
    So I got t look over a Colt Gold cup today and Wiley Clap Government recently at a small gun show. Both are nice pistols but I would go with the Wiley. Still cant find a local dealer who has a Dan Wesson, and Dan Wesson to check out. There is a big gun show in 2 weeks so maybe I will get lucky and find one to compare. I am really interested in the DW but wont order one without handling one first. Antone know of any dealers in SE PA that stock DW?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wiley clapp is a very nice pony, plus its a series 70

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER202 View Post
    So I got t look over a Colt Gold cup today and Wiley Clap Government recently at a small gun show. Both are nice pistols but I would go with the Wiley. Still cant find a local dealer who has a Dan Wesson, and Dan Wesson to check out. There is a big gun show in 2 weeks so maybe I will get lucky and find one to compare. I am really interested in the DW but wont order one without handling one first. Antone know of any dealers in SE PA that stock DW?
    The Valor is the ticket. There are a multitude of photos and reviews on-line.

Feedback Score
    They are not released yet, but settled on a Dan Wesson Valor in blue carbon steel. I called DW and they sent me a few photos of one of the first finished ones and its a great looking pistol. My dealer called their distributor and asked to be first on the list when they ship. Now just the wait.

Feedback Score
    you ant go wring with a Colt USMC

Feedback Score
    I have a GCNM. Love the gun. Couldn't stand the all black sights. So, I changed the front sight to a red fiber optics sight. Really like the contrast now. And, it shoots better than I do. Love everything else about the gun. Changed out the wood grips to G10 aliens. Very happy with the gun.

I also own a Dan Wesson. It is still in break in time. I really like the gun as well. It is very tight and flawless looking for sure. A step above.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Because of the DW sights, I actually shoot the Colt better. But, will be replacing the front sight with fiber optics also. We will see how that works out.

For around 1100+ you can get into a Dan Wesson in the Heritage model. It is a great value, but it isn't feature rich. I've seen the PM45 and PM9 range models in the 1200-1400 range.
    Last edited by rglassma; 04-28-17 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    I finally got the DW Valor in blue. It a gorgeous pistol,with a great fit and shoots better than I can. Out of the first 500 rds I had 1 FTF. After I had it a day I noticed that when held just right in bright light there is a small dull spot in the finish. I am really bummed about it but DW service say they will refinish. After handling the pistol and dealing with there service department, I an confident to buy another.
    Last edited by MAUSER202; 04-30-17 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER202 View Post
    I finally got the DW Valor in blue. It a gorgeous pistol,with a great fit and shoots better than I can. Out of the first 500 rds I had 1 FTF. After I had it a day I noticed that when held just right in bright light there is a small dull spot in the finish. I am really bummed about it but DW service say they will refinish. After haling the pistol and dealing with there service department, I an confident to buy another.
    Would love to see real world pictures - all I've been able to find so far are stock photos where you can't even tell it's blue's

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast