Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think the AR isn't comfortable

Feedback Score

Anyone else think the AR isn't comfortable

After having several AR's varying from bottom of the barrel polymer to Wilson Combats I currently have a PSA lower Armalite 16in dissipator upper and last weekend I took a buddy out shooting and I brought along my first center fire rifle an old Norinco SKS that I've had for the past 19yrs and I can honestly say I prefer the feel of the traditional style stock. Anyone else?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I kind of get where you're coming from, but that's why there are so many options for stocks, grips, and hand guards. Traditional stocks have that familiar "first rifle" feel to me, so I kind of fall into them, where an AR might take a adjustment or two if I'm not familiar with the configuration or haven't shot in a while. I often think other people's ARs are uncomfortable (especially if they have an A2 grip, I loathe that thing), but I'm happy with mine.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get the BCM gunfighter grip, makes a world of difference.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    The pistol grip in general is what I've had the problem with mostly. Even shotguns with pistol grips don't do it for me.
    As odd as it may sound I may enjoy the featureless stock for the AR better than the normal AR furniture. Too bad is ugly

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    This has got your name written all over it!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I prefer the traditional stock on a 1903, M1A or M1 Garand for target shooting. I find it more comfortable to shoot them precisely.

I think the ergonomics of the AR15 are better for a fighting rifle.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    The Keltec SU16A looks pretty good to me. I'd like to get a chance to shoot one of these.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When it comes to bolt actions, I prefer a traditional stock. A bolt action with a pistol grip our a thumb hole stock is a bad idea.

On a self loading rifle, it's six to one and a half dozen to the other
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    No... I think rifles with traditional style stocks are much more uncomfortable.

ARs are pretty much perfection to me.

Feedback Score
    What BGREID said. My wife even noticed the difference with the BCM Gunfighter grip.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast