Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspired DMR build

Feedback Score

Inspired DMR build

Several months ago I was on the Magpul website and saw this amazing rifle. I could not get it out of my head. I found myself going to the Magpul site just to look at it. So I decided to do what any reasonable gun nut would do, spend a few grand and build one of my own.
    This was my inspiration.

I did make a few changes based on several factors. First of all, finding an Umbrella Corp receiver set is near impossible at the moment. I have been waiting for them to become available again for what seems like ages, long before this idea. For the moment, I'm using a FDE Spikes receiver set. I skipped on the carbon wrapped barrel, not a fan. I'm still trying to decide on optics. I'm leaning towards the Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44. The plan is to use this for shooting coyotes and a lot of paper/steel at distance. I put a strike eagle on it for now. It came off a back up 3-Gun rifle I have. The tripod and adapter may come later. It will be useful on those yotes. Let me know what you think.

Lower
    Spikes Tactical Lower
    BCM Lower Parts Kit
    Geissele SSA-E Trigger
    Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector
    Magpul K2 Grip (not in Pics)
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    Magpul UBR Stock
    Damage Industries Chrome Silicon Recoil Spring
    Standard Carbine Buffer

Upper
    Spikes Tactical Upper
    Sionics NP3 BCG
    AXTS Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
    Odin Works 18” Barrel .223 Wylde, Intermediate Gas Length, 3-Gun Contour.
    Odin Works Adjustable Gas Block
    Lantac Dragon Muzzle Brake
    Geissele mk8 13” Rail
    Magpul MBUS Pro offset sights
    Magpul Handstop
    Magpul Bipod Mount
    Harris Bipod

Optics
    Vortex Strike Eagle scope (temporary)(undecided)
    Last edited by JDR556; 02-08-17 at 19:19. Reason: update info

Feedback Score
    I absolutely love it! Damnit, now I want to build one! Seriously though, it looks great and I like shook the components you picked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Looks like you nailed it.

Feedback Score
    Outstanding job there. Damn nice gun. I'm jealous that it aint mine
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I think this thread will cost me some money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I don't eat lunch at all next 3 months I can probably replicate this. A fast may be in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Maybe take 3.5 months and eat some ramen

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comments. I have just over $2k invested in the rifle not including whatever optics I decide to put on it long term. That could be another $800-$1500. I'll have to skip a few more lunches myself while I decide on that.
    My wife asked how much I spent on it. I told her "Less than you spent on new purses this year". That comment put me on the couch for a night... I've got my own "side hustle" (part time job) that funds my hobbies.
    I should have the replacement hammer in this week. My plan is to take it out next weekend, tune the gas block and break it in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDR556 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I have just over $2k invested in the rifle not including whatever optics I decide to put on it long term. That could be another $800-$1500. I'll have to skip a few more lunches myself while I decide on that.
    My wife asked how much I spent on it. I told her "Less than you spent on new purses this year". That comment put me on the couch for a night... I've got my own "side hustle" (part time job) that funds my hobbies.
    I should have the replacement hammer in this week. My plan is to take it out next weekend, tune the gas block and break it in.
    Sounds like me... Ive got a separate PayPal account to avoid those altercations. On special occasions when my paypal is empty i take short term loans from the joint checking. My wife is an accountant...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can y'all see the pictures? Cannot see anything but a little blue square with a "?" inside. Hmm

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast