Thread: BCM ELW barrel, possible to install a fixed front sight?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

BCM ELW barrel, possible to install a fixed front sight?

I've been thinking about building a new upper and I'd like to use the BCM ELW barrel with a fixed front sight. Is that feasible? From what I can tell it appears to be OK. Perhaps a little challenging on getting it lined up.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Buy the time you send the barrel and FSB out to be pinned you would probably come out ahead by just buying this. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...g-mid-16lw.htm The LW barrel only weighs an ounce more than the ELW.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    There are are couple of good barrel manufacturers that also provide FSB installed. Ballistic Advantage has a Hanson profile that they will install the FSB for you. They are good shooting barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Buy the time you send the barrel and FSB out to be pinned you would probably come out ahead by just buying this. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...g-mid-16lw.htm The LW barrel only weighs an ounce more than the ELW.
    +10.....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing like OP. However in my case I may need to change the barrel soon, I got nearly 11000rds through it and I have shot plenty of Wolf and Tula through it as well.

I already purchased the ELW barrel ($260 I believe from DSG Arms), is it really going to cost about $440 total to get the .625 FSB and getting it pinned?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing like OP. However in my case I may need to change the barrel soon, I got nearly 11000rds through it and I have shot plenty of Wolf and Tula through it as well.

I already purchased the ELW barrel ($260 I believe from DSG Arms), is it really going to cost about $440 total to get the .625 FSB and getting it pinned?
    Add up the total cost of the parts in the assembled upper. Your apples to oranges comparison isn't very fair.