Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a diet plan.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm now eating as many as five very small meals split in three hour increments throughout the morning and work day.
    I've incorporated some HIIT three days a week and I'm not moving down the scale in weight very quickly (2 pounds since this thread started), I am however losing significant amounts of fat around my waist.
    I will need new pants soon as I've already had to put a new hole in my belt to hold my pants up.
    Thanks, I will keep you posted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm now eating as many as five very small meals split in three hour increments throughout the morning and work day.
    I've incorporated some HIIT three days a week and I'm not moving down the scale in weight very quickly (2 pounds since this thread started), I am however losing significant amounts of fat around my waist.
    I will need new pants soon as I've already had to put a new hole in my belt to hold my pants up.
    Congrats on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Outstanding
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Awesome!

How are you feeling through the day? And how are you feeling/performing with your workouts?
    Are you tracking your food intake (ie. MyFitnessPal)?

It was mentioned earlier, but don't worry about the scale if you can see physical improvements happening. Think about taking progress pics every so often to have an objective idea of what you see in the mirror.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Awesome!

How are you feeling through the day? And how are you feeling/performing with your workouts?
    Are you tracking your food intake (ie. MyFitnessPal)?

It was mentioned earlier, but don't worry about the scale if you can see physical improvements happening. Think about taking progress pics every so often to have an objective idea of what you see in the mirror.
    I'm not tracking my meals/food intake closely. What I do is make my work meals Sunday afternoon and make sure I have a good balanced meal spread throughout the day.
    Today's lunch box has 10 oz of chicken breast a 1/2 of a medium sized sweet potato and some quinoa, like a 1/2 cup and two boiled eggs. I'm eyeballing that as about 1200 calories give or take 100 or so. That of course is after two eggs scrambled and cooked in olive oil and two low carb tortilla's at breakfast.
    I do find that at times I have to force myself to eat breakfast.
    I usually feel energetic throughout the day, no real issues with that. I believe that is due to eating small meals throughout the day and spreading out the highs and lows by eating on a schedule.
    The biggest issue I seem to find frustrating is occasional constipation.
    My workouts are great and I'm seeing small but steady improvements in strength which I mostly attribute to getting back my technique in my lifts.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Are you eating plenty of veggies?

What is your water intake like? I suggest LOTS!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I have made a renewed effort to drink more water, plenty of veggies though.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I'm not tracking my meals/food intake closely. What I do is make my work meals Sunday afternoon and make sure I have a good balanced meal spread throughout the day.
    Today's lunch box has 10 oz of chicken breast a 1/2 of a medium sized sweet potato and some quinoa, like a 1/2 cup and two boiled eggs. I'm eyeballing that as about 1200 calories give or take 100 or so. That of course is after two eggs scrambled and cooked in olive oil and two low carb tortilla's at breakfast.
    I do find that at times I have to force myself to eat breakfast.
    I usually feel energetic throughout the day, no real issues with that. I believe that is due to eating small meals throughout the day and spreading out the highs and lows by eating on a schedule.
    The biggest issue I seem to find frustrating is occasional constipation.
    My workouts are great and I'm seeing small but steady improvements in strength which I mostly attribute to getting back my technique in my lifts.
    I would recommend tracking just for the sake of knowing exactly where you are and so that you can accurately make changes to your diet when need be. Eyeballing is great if you already have a solid understanding of macros and calories but even that can be a few hundred cals different by the end of the day. My opinion is that when you have a specific goal (fat loss, muscle gain, ect.) then you need to be more accurate with your intake until that goal is reached. After that "intuitive" or eyeball method works well enough to stay at maintenance...if the prior knowledge is there.

Also, you're still really low on carbs. Not sure what you're doing other than HIIT, but I'm surprised you're not feeling like you're bonking out with your high intensity workouts at the level of carbs you're taking in. If you decide you need to add cals back in like I mentioned before, I would probably start with carbs, then bump protein a bit too since I believe you're still a little low based on your posted daily intake above.

Results are results though, brother. And I'm glad you're seeing them!
    Last edited by Ironman8; 02-08-17 at 05:37.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't pay attention to the scale, especially if you're lifting. Unless you're quite obese you will likely even gain weight. The mirror is the best scale.

I know there are a lot of fancy science diets out there but I've always had the best results off just eating clean. My carbs come from basmati or jasmine rice, regular potatoes and sweet potatoes. I eat lots of veggies, chicken, meat, whole eggs, and some fish. I also eat a lot of fresh fruit.

I get the vast majority of my carbs from basmati or jasmine rice simply because it's a good carb and it's convenient.

I grill/bake everything or cook in a pan with coconut oil, olive oil or butter. Yes butter is not bad for you, especially if you're not lathering down a sweet potato with half a stick of the stuff.

I basically avoid most things processed. No dairy (other than some butter for cooking), no gluten and no fancy seasonings.

I don't weigh my food or count calories, I know about how much I need. I usually eat about three decent sized chicken resets a day and a steak, 2 cups of basmati rice, veggies and an apple and 2 bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fruit, veggies and plenty of water.

I'm working on the more water than food plan, I need to lose much weight in a short time.

Whole grain, low fat milk, no grease, small portions no UN natural sugars.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-08-17 at 11:52.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast