Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Frame Reprofiling

Feedback Score
    Another person to speak with would be the Tactical Texture guy, who iirc is a member here. I have never had any work done by him, but I have not seen anyone else who makes glocks look as pretty as he does.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    So I was messing around with my 19 a little more just now and decided to remove the Grip Force Adapter. I put it on almost as soon as I got the Glock (my first handgun) because of presenting high and have never taken it off. The grip comfort isn't any worse and I can still present on target it seems. This has me wondering if more traditional work with just removing the finger guards and a glove bevel would be good enough, or if I'd still need the bottom hump on the grip ground down. I might have to make this into a poll.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I understand that completely and go back and forth with it. Unfortunately there isn't another gun that is nearly as popular or with as much aftermarket support. Still, if I wasn't in Hawaii where it's a pain in the ass to buy a handgun I'd probably sit tight on dropping anymore money until M&P releases a CORE 2.0 and just go with that. This is all stemming from my range session yesterday where I could shoot my M&P significantly more accurately than my 19, even though the amount of time I spend training on the Glock is exponentially higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How come you're forcing the Glock thing? If you shoot your M&P so much better, why not just stick with it & sell the Glock?

You also mentioned a lack of aftermarket support... What are you looking for on the M&P that you can't find? What does the "popularity" of the Glock have to do with anything?

(Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out why you're trying so hard to like your Glock.

I've got one & I'm completely content with not liking it. )
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Glock Frame Reprofiling

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    How come you're forcing the Glock thing? If you shoot your M&P so much better, why not just stick with it & sell the Glock?

You also mentioned a lack of aftermarket support... What are you looking for on the M&P that you can't find? What does the "popularity" of the Glock have to do with anything?

(Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out why you're trying so hard to like your Glock.

I've got one & I'm completely content with not liking it. )
    I have a shit ton of mags for it. At least 25, probably more. And PMAGs for it goes a long way in my justification. The Raven Eidolon is also the best concealed holster that I have found and I really like my 6354DO. While I'm sure it's pretty similar to the M&P, I'm much more familiar with the internals and stripping it. I like that mags are easier to seat with the slide forward than my M&P, and I like the size of it. It's reset is much shorter (though the full Apex kit produces a better break IMO) and the M&P bounces around in my hands because the grip is so slick. Plus I have some strange attraction to building my own version of a Roland Special with Unity's ATOM mount.

I tried the M&P for about eight months when I first moved here. I didn't even bring my Glock. I don't know why, but I quickly ended up missing the Glock, even with all of its flaws.

Last edited by Wake27; 01-15-17 at 22:53.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Jarvis Tactical, or 5Bgunworx, or weplead2nd.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I have a shit ton of mags for it. At least 25, probably more. And PMAGs for it goes a long way in my justification. The Raven Eidolon is also the best concealed holster that I have found and I really like my 6354DO. While I'm sure it's pretty similar to the M&P, I'm much more familiar with the internals and stripping it. I like that mags are easier to seat with the slide forward than my M&P, and I like the size of it. It's reset is much shorter (though the full Apex kit produces a better break IMO) and the M&P bounces around in my hands because the grip is so slick. Plus I have some strange attraction to building my own version of a Roland Special with Unity's ATOM mount.

I tried the M&P for about eight months when I first moved here. I didn't even bring my Glock. I don't know why, but I quickly ended up missing the Glock, even with all of its flaws.

Gotcha

Next time, don't buy so many mags till you're positive you like the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I highly recommend Jarvis Tactical. I've had 2 Glocks done by him and couldn't be more pleased.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One reason that Glock does not change the grip is the phenomenal sales record with their product as is. My guess is that 99% of those carrying an issue Glock are OK
    with it, and if they complained, who cares? I agree that some stippling and minor grip reduction can result in a better feel(whatever that is). I've wanted to have at least one of my Glocks stippled but have dragged my feet. I have adjusted to the Glock grip, even the finger grooves. I pay no attention to the grip and just shoot the gun amd worry about something else. I have two 19s and a 26 that work and do not throw brass in my face. Also, they shoot to point of aim. I now choose not to alter them.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If you don't worry much about aesthetics, you can reshape yourself all in a few hours of work.

These have been heated and the hump was reprofiled:

My stippling and borders may suck but everything works perfectly for the size of my hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12