Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Frame Reprofiling

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Glock Frame Reprofiling

I'm looking for recommendations of shops that do frame work on Glocks. I don't like the finger grooves but my bigger problem is with the grip angle so I'm looking for a shop that will reprofile the whole grip. I was leaning heavily toward Boresight Solutions but Ben told me today that they'll only work with the Freya magwell now and I want mine to work with the Agency because of the Freya's compatibility issues. Does anyone know of other shops that have similar grip work? Agency, ATEi, and all those guys just stipple and remove the finger grooves from what I can tell. I need mine smaller and more vertical but really don't want to buy another pistol. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-15-17 at 21:24.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I gave up on Glock handguns quite a while back when I realized one day (an epiphany actually) that I was wasting a LOT of money trying to make a Glock, not a Glock. I think if more Glock owners who feel a need to alter, reshape, grind down, grind off, and otherwise do a whole host of "modifications" to make their Glock a handgun they like shooting, finally realized how absurd it all was, they would realize that a Glock is a Glock. You either like it and shoot it as is, or you are going to throw your money down the toilet on the fool thing.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't think you're going to be able to create a more vertical grip angle on the Glock unless you perform a major reduction on the rear hump area, which will eliminate your chances of using the majority of aftermarket magwells.

Lots of the aftermarket grip work vendors will heat up the frame and reform the hump which makes that cavity collapse to a certain extent. The other method is to also reform the cavity and also fill in the gap for further grip reduction, which means no more cavity for the magwell support to be inserted.

IMO, you're kind of SOL if you want that extreme of a grip angle and use a magwell. You could always contact NAF Solutions, GNP Tactical, SSVI, and a plethora of those Instagram businesses. Or check out the Timberwolf frame or one of those new 80% Spectre frames.

My experience comes from modifying 3 Glock frames on my own. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin1776 View Post
    I gave up on Glock handguns quite a while back when I realized one day (an epiphany actually) that I was wasting a LOT of money trying to make a Glock, not a Glock. I think if more Glock owners who feel a need to alter, reshape, grind down, grind off, and otherwise do a whole host of "modifications" to make their Glock a handgun they like shooting, finally realized how absurd it all was, they would realize that a Glock is a Glock. You either like it and shoot it as is, or you are going to throw your money down the toilet on the fool thing.
    I understand that completely and go back and forth with it. Unfortunately there isn't another gun that is nearly as popular or with as much aftermarket support. Still, if I wasn't in Hawaii where it's a pain in the ass to buy a handgun I'd probably sit tight on dropping anymore money until M&P releases a CORE 2.0 and just go with that. This is all stemming from my range session yesterday where I could shoot my M&P significantly more accurately than my 19, even though the amount of time I spend training on the Glock is exponentially higher.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I know your struggle with trying to make the Glock as comfortable as possible. I spent $300 on framework trying to get my G19 in the ballpark of as comfortable as my VP9. Its better now, but not even in the parking lot of the ballpark of how comfy the VP9 is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRead100 View Post
    I know your struggle with trying to make the Glock as comfortable as possible. I spent $300 on framework trying to get my G19 in the ballpark of as comfortable as my VP9. Its better now, but not even in the parking lot of the ballpark of how comfy the VP9 is.
    And...this is a good comment that proves my point. Like me, you probably got your Glock new for, well, let's just say $550, then spent at least $300 more trying to get it to feel as good as, in this case, the VP9. You have $800 into that G19. And then if you are like a lot of people, you are probably going to add new sights ($125), new trigger ($150), extended mag release ($30), etc. etc. etc. So, you are looking at sinking around $1100 into the Glock 19.

You could have just purchased a VP9 for $550.

It's a hard dose of reality, that I wish I had not had to learn the hard way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I understand that completely and go back and forth with it. Unfortunately there isn't another gun that is nearly as popular or with as much aftermarket support. Still, if I wasn't in Hawaii where it's a pain in the ass to buy a handgun I'd probably sit tight on dropping anymore money until M&P releases a CORE 2.0 and just go with that. This is all stemming from my range session yesterday where I could shoot my M&P significantly more accurately than my 19, even though the amount of time I spend training on the Glock is exponentially higher.

Thank you, and you make an excellent point about all the aftermarket parts for the Glock, and I appreciate that we can have a grown-up conversation about these things without it turning into a typical "bash Glock" or "rant and rave" type thing. The Glock handgun is an EXCELLENT handgun, any quite honestly, in my opinion, anyone who really doesn't understand why is not much of a gun person to begin with but just a brand fan boy. It is extremely simple and easy to maintain. You can even detail strip the thing easily. It just works. And it is easy to learn how to use it effectively. I've got all the respect in the world for the Glock.

But....where things get really interesting is when people start feeling a need to tinker around with it to get it to have the kind of trigger they find elsewhere, or grip feel, or ... you name it. Hence, my "got tired of trying to make a Glock not a Glock."

Good luck on your efforts.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've hade good luck with Robar. Had them texture some Glocks and I know they do some grip mods so you might want to try them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin1776 View Post
    And...this is a good comment that proves my point. Like me, you probably got your Glock new for, well, let's just say $550, then spent at least $300 more trying to get it to feel as good as, in this case, the VP9. You have $800 into that G19. And then if you are like a lot of people, you are probably going to add new sights ($125), new trigger ($150), extended mag release ($30), etc. etc. etc. So, you are looking at sinking around $1100 into the Glock 19.

You could have just purchased a VP9 for $550.

It's a hard dose of reality, that I wish I had not had to learn the hard way.
    You're dead on. I am at least $1100 into my 19. There are reasons I ditched my VP9 for the 19 though, I don't really regret it.

I really don't understand why Glock doesn't improve the ergonomics on their pistols. They don't have to mess with parts interchangeability, just make your pistols not feel like a 2x4.
    Last edited by JRead100; 01-15-17 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRead100 View Post
    You're dead on. I am at least $1100 into my 19. There are reasons I ditched my VP9 for the 19 though, I don't really regret it.

I really don't understand why Glock doesn't improve the ergonomics on their pistols. They don't have to mess with parts interchangeability, just make your pistols not feel like a 2x4.
    Because they're so damn cocky with their own "perfection" I assume.

I'll have to look into Robar when I get on a computer again. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll just ditch the magwell and send it to Boresight anyways. But still, $400 base price for a duty package. The P10 C and M&P 2.0 are both well under $500 with a military discount. This is frustrating.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast