Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 16" Midlength Build

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The discussion was about the A5, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike14_07 View Post
    A5h2 or carbine h2?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got some more range time this weekend. A5h2 is running perfect. I may try a h3 just to see. I bought a used vortex 1-4x viper pst with a 30mm adm recon and switch view for 465 on tacswap. Got it sighted in once i figured out the mrad conversion. Ordering a bipod and mlok mount this week and its done. I will post some pics tomorrow

Feedback Score
    Good looking build and hopefully she runs well for you for a very long time. Post a target when you can.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heres a couple pics of targets with groups i shoot every single time with this gun. I dont think its too bad for 4x at 100 yds. With a better shooter than me im sure u could get sub moa. Im certain i could with more zoom. Its just hard to get super consistent when the dot covers the bullseye for me. Also i shoot 3 shot groups, i know alot of member here dont like 3 shot groups but its the way i was taught and is whats normal for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Went hog hunting with this gun this weekend, did great. My buddy got a little carried away with shooting at them and they scattered. He hit one in the the rear quaters and it sat down. I shot her right in the eye and she dropped. The white one started running and i hit her in the gut and she went down, then hit with a head shot. I hit another but it ran off and i couldnt find it. Im going to swap the bad-cass with something else, its tearing up my stop pretty good. I know alot of people like them but i had to add a small section of spring to that one and change the detent to make it half way decent. Battle arms was not too concerned. But at 70 buck it should work perfect and not damage my lower. So does anybody have a recomendation? Here a some finished pics

Feedback Score
    Really nice looking rifle.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Changed a few things up. Had some issues with some aero lowers i had bought and aero ended up buying all mine back from me. Bought a bcm a5 to replace this one. Swapped the mk8 for an slr solo lite and put the mk8 on my spr build. Threw a streamlight protac 1 on with a arisaka mount. Love the gun and im still killing pigs with it. Grass is getting too tall and i cant afford a thermal so i wont be hunting for a month or two, plus its too hot. Heres an updated pic and the 2 hogs it killed last Saturday.

Feedback Score
    Nice build!

Future plans:
    -Swap bcg for a bcm or toolcraft
    -Sling
    -Weapon light on a ariasaka inline mount
    -1-4x scope on an ADM recon mount
    -Swap trigger for the new geissele single stage thats coming out
    Why swap out the BCG? Seems like once you go with a certain spec, you ought to just run it until it blows up!

Also, I would suggest trying the Geissele.....they are great triggers, but their name gets blown way up. A cassette trigger like the POF 4.5 or Rise RA140 is a better fit to your optic and barrel. It may also feel smoother than the Geissele due to the cassette form factor. Geissele's always rub the lower so they have some inherent lack of perfection built into the design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12