Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sights Mounted on a Silencer Itself?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sights Mounted on a Silencer Itself?

This may be kind of goofy, but I think it may be functional. Just wondering what the options are.

Most pistol silencers prevent the use of the standard sights on a pistol. If you buy higher sights they don't have much eye appeal, when used without a silencer. Some guys have a dedicated silenced rifle, that they always shoot with a silencer, but who does that with a pistol? Personally I'd only be using the silencer about 20% of the time, or less.

It would seem a groove running full length would be OK, but with a screw mount, even if you got it right on top of the silencer for one pistol, I assume it wouldn't be when you put it on a different pistol. I'm speaking of round silencers with standard screw on threads.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but have any of the manufacturers considered some sort of sights, on metal rings, which could be mounted on round silencers. If you put them on, with the silencer fully seated, there should be decent repeatability when the silencer is removed and then remounted. They would have to be adjustable, to enable the silencer to be moved from one pistol host to another, and have the sights where they need to be.

I don't really think eye relief would be a big issue, if the width of the rear sight notch, and the width front sight blade are well regulated.

Of course, the manufacturers would have to make different diameter sight rings for different models, so maybe cost is an issue? I was told of a silencer with a rail but it's heavy, and I'm looking at the standard screw on system without special mounts.

Just wondering.
    Last edited by darr3239; 01-16-17 at 10:26.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I "aim through" the silencer and get results good enough for my purposes. I don't think there would be much of a market and would add weight to the end of the silencer which I wouldn't like.

Curious to here other members opinions.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I do not really see any benefit on a pistol. I don't even use sights at most distances unless you are trying to place a shot in the bull. Shooting through the can works perfect for me over the last many years.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Already been done. Snake Plissken in Escape From New York.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Knight's Armament did something like that with the Beretta Snap-on cans they made several years ago. Not adjustable, but neither are the sights on the host gun.

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/h...ta-suppressor/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The removable sight may not be feasible, for whatever reason, but having sights to take out that sentry with a head shot at 30 yards would be useful.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Already been done. Snake Plissken in Escape From New York.
    Another Snake did it as well, inspired by Snake Plissken.....

http://https://s-media-cache-ak0.pin...94c82ae135.jpg
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am going to get the sig high suppressor sights, the msrp is $99. I believe they are tritium. I'll shoot mostly suppressed one I get the stamp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast