Thread: Lantac Spada-M rail (SHOT 2017)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lantac Spada-M rail (SHOT 2017)

First look at the Lantac Spada-M rail.

The Spada-M is the MLOK version of the Lantac rail, but to my eye it comes across as a more refined rail. Granted, I don't have much time on the Spada rail series, and I understand the MLOK design is more simplistic, but to me this rail seems to be better visual flow than its predecessor. This is an all aluminum rail, which is anodized a deep black color. Lockup up to the barrel nut is via three screws, and an upper and lower lock piece which appears to increase rigidity.

There are a lot of rails currently on the market, with many dipping into the cheaper side of life. It is worth noting that the longer a rail spends on the CNC, the more the overall cost of the rail. There are plenty of "cheap", or "lower end" rails which have sharp edges, and rough surfaces, but this isn't one of them, nor is it priced to be one of them. The other generation of Spada rails seem to sell for roughly 3 hundo. I understand that 3 large is far more than the bottom dwellers are willing to spend on their sub-$500 franken gun, and that is fine. It is important that we see parts which span the spectrum in terms of price, quality, and ingenuity. Without all three of these things, we would see the AR market stagnate and fall flat.

We will see if we can slap this into a build, or at least get some additional pictures of what the Lantac Spada-M rail looks like, but for now, here are a few early images to get you going.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Interesting. Thanks for the pics, and have a safe time at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Without seeing it on a rifle the top half looks like it's very tall and proportionately off. Maybe it's just the photos to me

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowlowmiata View Post
    Without seeing it on a rifle the top half looks like it's very tall and proportionately off. Maybe it's just the photos to me

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Now that would be a pretty silly way to make a rail. This is standard receiver height, though you have my brain kicking around ideas.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the pics, and have a safe time at SHOT.

We abstained this year, SHOT doesn't have the impact or the significance that it used to anymore. I think the major manufacturers have finally picked up on the "internet" and social media, and that power it has. While SHOT will always be a cool meeting, it is expensive and prohibitive.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    We abstained this year, SHOT doesn't have the impact or the significance that it used to anymore. I think the major manufacturers have finally picked up on the "internet" and social media, and that power it has. While SHOT will always be a cool meeting, it is expensive and prohibitive.
    And you avoid the lung crud. Win-win.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    First look at the Lantac Spada-M rail.

The Spada-M is the MLOK version of the Lantac rail, but to my eye it comes across as a more refined rail. Granted, I don't have much time on the Spada rail series, and I understand the MLOK design is more simplistic, but to me this rail seems to be better visual flow than its predecessor. This is an all aluminum rail, which is anodized a deep black color. Lockup up to the barrel nut is via three screws, and an upper and lower lock piece which appears to increase rigidity.

There are a lot of rails currently on the market, with many dipping into the cheaper side of life. It is worth noting that the longer a rail spends on the CNC, the more the overall cost of the rail. There are plenty of "cheap", or "lower end" rails which have sharp edges, and rough surfaces, but this isn't one of them, nor is it priced to be one of them. The other generation of Spada rails seem to sell for roughly 3 hundo. I understand that 3 large is far more than the bottom dwellers are willing to spend on their sub-$500 franken gun, and that is fine. It is important that we see parts which span the spectrum in terms of price, quality, and ingenuity. Without all three of these things, we would see the AR market stagnate and fall flat.

We will see if we can slap this into a build, or at least get some additional pictures of what the Lantac Spada-M rail looks like, but for now, here are a few early images to get you going.

Do you or anyone have info on what lengths will be available, once it's released???
    Last edited by jbeanz; 01-19-17 at 17:05.