Thread: PSA AR9 FTF w/ Magpul Glock Mag

Feedback Score

PSA AR9 FTF w/ Magpul Glock Mag

So, I take my PSA AR9 Glock mag SBR to their range today to test fire it. I got it back last week from PSA after they replaced the ejector (bolt was hitting it).

Seems to work fine with OEM Glock mags.

I also tried a few of the Magpul GL9 17rd mags (date code 11 of 2015).

The last round from the GL9 mags would jam into the bottom of the chamber (feed ramp?). The last round jammed whether I had 2 rounds in the mag, it was fully loaded or anything in between.

I've read of other PSA AR9 owners using GL9 mags with no issues. Guess I'm just special...

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    How many rounds do you have through this carbine? It sounds like the magazine may be sitting lower than the factory Glock mags do in the well. There is always the PSA issue, but that is why I wanted to know round count on it. And you said it works just fine with stock G17 mags.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Only around 200. It was a single shot due to the Geissele SSA trigger I had installed not resetting. Fixed that by swapping in an ALG ACT.

Then I noticed the bolt hitting the ejector...

I was just looking at the GL9 vs the OEM Glock mag. The follower of the OEM mag supports the round all the way to front edge. The GL9 mag does not.

When I slowly let the bolt forward using the OEM mag, the the round stays pointed at the chamber until it clears the feed lips.

With the GL9, the round tips down and to the right slightly.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DM-SC; 01-16-17 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    I know this is old, but mine is doing the exact same thing...last round NEVER will feed using the Magpul Glock GL9 mags.
    Did you ever come up with a solution, other than “don’t use the GL9 mags”

Feedback Score
    I just run OEM Glock mags with it.

The follower design is the issue. I discussed it with a couple of Magpul reps but I doubt they'll change the design for just Us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    FWIW I picked up a PSA non-LRHO AR lower a year ago, when I bought it I was told by the PSA guy behind the counter that factory Glock & ETS mags are good, but it may be iffy with Magpul mags. Now I only run factory mags except for one ETS 20 round 9mm mag that wasn't reliable in the PSA lower. I gave it to a friend who had some issues in his G17 but it ran better for him than for me.
    I personally think the Magpuls are better than the ETS based on other's experiences but there are some AR lowers out there that are spec'd for Glock factory mags and won't work with anything else. Just cause it runs fine in a Glock pistol doesn't mean it'll work fine in anyone's AR lower.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    My PSA with the LRBHO didn't like the 27rd Magpul mags first trip out. 2nd time no problem. I think the springs are weak. I have them in G26, G17 also.