Thread: M&P FS threaded barrel ???

Feedback Score

M&P FS threaded barrel ???

Hello all...were I to buy an Apex threaded barrel for my M&P FS 9mm, would I be looking to buy the 5" or the 4.25"? My pistol has the factory 4.25" in it now..not sure how the threaded barrels are measured o.a.l or without the threads measured?? Sorry for the newb ?? & thank you for any responses..

Feedback Score
    My threaded storm lake barrel was sold as a 4.95" for a 4.25" gun.

Feedback Score
    Perfect, that's what I gathered from pics I'd looked at..but wasn't sure?? Thank you very much for helping me out!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M&P FS threaded barrel ???

You're going to want to order the 4.25" threaded barrel (P/N 105-061). It even says in the description that it is a direct replacement for the factory 4.25" barrel.

The 5" threaded barrel is a replacement for the M&P Pro, which has a longer, 5" barrel.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192471
    Expected Results
    Direct replacement of factory 4.25" barrel
    – Features 1/2–28 Threads
    – Improves accuracy
    – Optimal performance seen with bullet weights of 115gr. through 147gr. using 9mm jacketed ammunition
    – Due to variations in factory slide tolerances, slight fitting may be required and is easily performed by the end user
    Last edited by Ryno12; 01-16-17 at 22:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Ryno..thank you for the link..I'm ordering off of Brownells, & their description was a bit vague..

Feedback Score
    Yea, the description says for 4.25", but then it says barrel length is 4.25 which looks to me to be incorrect. I'd go by top description that says "for 4.25"

Feedback Score
    Brownells listed both the 4.25" & 5" for FS models, so as I'm local to them, I'm going to try the 4.25" & if it's wrong, i'll swap it out. Storm Lake & others do appear to be 5" barrels in the FS pistols?? I'm not sure what the factory S&W threaded barrel measures at??

Feedback Score
    Quick update: I did receive my gunsmith fit Apex barrel last night from Brownells. I did order the 4.25" threaded model model for my M&P FS 9mm (2013 manufacture) after 3hrs of file work..(many breaks) it does fit beautifully..(as good, if not better than my factory Sigs/H&K..I'll be function checking it today..& possibly shooting groups tomorrow..the factory barrel would literally shoot shotgun sized patterns..w/ all weights & types of ammo @ 25 yards..I am by no means a good pistol shooter, but even I can print 4" 10 groups off of a rest w/ my Mk25 Sig..(single action first shot) & 5"ish groups w/ my 26,000rnd G19..so we'll see what she'll do..wanted to express my sincere thanks to the members who helped me out..thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good to hear & glad everything worked out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.