Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

So, it looks like Trijicon has released info on their new AccuPower 1-8x28 a little early. (Details below)

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS27-C-1900028

From Trijicon's website:

Specs:

Looks like the reticle comes in both MIL and MOA.

MIL Reticle (Looks like it comes in either a red or green illuminated reticle):

MIL 1x

MIL 8x

MOA Reticle (Also comes in red or green illuminated reticle):

MOA 1x

MOA 8x

Photo's of the 1-8x28 via Trijicon's FB page:

I've been slowly building a sort of do-it-all type carbine, and was going to go with the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 but this looks pretty good on paper (Especially with the weight being nearly identical between the two optics). Admittedly though, I don't have much experience with variable optics (especially those that go as low as 1x) so I could be way off here. What do you guys think? Is this going to be a contender with the Vortex Razor and other 1-6/1-8 optics in this price range? If anyone gets to take a look at one this week at SHOT please let us know your initial impressions (even better if you get time behind one at the range).

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    What do you think the estimated street price will be, with an MSRP of $1,700? That's Nightforce money, isn't it?

The new Vortex is supposed to be around $1,200, I think.

I have been pondering a 1-8x. I have a 1-6.5x however, and would have to be really impressed to spend that much for an upgrade.

I do know someone here who is going to eval one, I'll send him a link to this thread.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    It seems like it's going to be around $1300 based on looking at some places that have it listed on their site right now.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    It seems like it's going to be around $1300 based on looking at some places that have it listed on their site right now.
    This is what I've been seeing from the little bit I've searched. Hopefully that's correct and not just speculation, as that would put it side by side with the Vortex Razor in price.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have been pondering a 1-8x. I have a 1-6.5x however, and would have to be really impressed to spend that much for an upgrade.

I do know someone here who is going to eval one, I'll send him a link to this thread.
    I have a NF 2.5x10 on an 18" rifle, but other than that all of my other rifles sport aimpoints. I'd been looking into building a rifle based around a 1-6x but decided to wait and see what the market would bring in the form of 1-8x optics before I made the leap. Price per performance is always relevant but price also isn't necessarily a limiting factor for me, within reason. I noticed the weight was nearly identical between the Trijicon and the Razor, and price seemed comparable, thus the wheels started turning.. I don't know much about the reticle patern, though.. and it seem many really like the reticle options on the Vortex. I'm definitely curious, as I'm sure others are as well, to hear what someone with time behind it thinks. Thank you SeriousStudent.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Pretty much the same here. I have Aimpoint Micros on carbines and shotguns, and a couple of LPV's.

My favorite new playtoy is going to the range this weekend. Larue 16" lightweight barrel, Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x, Geissele SSA-E and a new Magpul SL-S stock. I'm going to see how it does with and without a Rugged Razor can.

I like this glass, but I might give it to my daughter, and snag something new. Is your NF the 2.5x10 with the 32mm objective? I have read nothing but praise for those.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The new Vortex is supposed to be around $1,200, I think.
    New vortex you say? Is it 1-8? Could you kindly provide a link with info on it?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    New vortex you say? Is it 1-8? Could you kindly provide a link with info on it?
    I feel like he means the msrp on the pst 1-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Looks very much like the leupold tmr reticle on the mk6 1-6. Anyone know the weight on this thing yet? Couldnt find it on their website.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

It's 25oz. Looks pretty meaty. I'm liking the fov and the reticle. Wondering if it's any brighter than the current accupowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jstalford; 01-17-17 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast