Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Do you want bdc or mil? Thats what it comes down to. I owned the pa 1-8 acss and sold it for the accupower. The illumination is better on the PA but the trijicon is lighter. Glass is excellent on both. You can achieve higher accuracy with the trijicon due to the cross hair and not a dot. The trijicon is also cheaper in a few places.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Do you want bdc or mil? Thats what it comes down to. I owned the pa 1-8 acss and sold it for the accupower. The illumination is better on the PA but the trijicon is lighter. Glass is excellent on both. You can achieve higher accuracy with the trijicon due to the cross hair and not a dot. The trijicon is also cheaper in a few places.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Is the cross hair finer on the Trijicon than the PA platinum dot at 8x?

I wonder if PA will go to their Chevron setup on the next batch?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From the vortex release today.

Looking for a fast, intuitive and versatile optic to maximize the performance of your AR at a price that will leave you feeling like you ripped us off? Take a look at the all-new Strike Eagle 1-8x24. With a true 1x on the low end of its 8X zoom, the Strike Eagle 1-8x24 intrinsically adapts to a wide range of scenarios, letting shooters engage targets from point-blank out to extended ranges. Home defense, competition, recreational shooting, feral hog “removal” and any task between - This scope is up for whatever you throw at it. The NEW AR-BDC2 reticle subtends with popular .556 cartridges. Center target dot with surrounding halo promotes instinctually fast target acquisition and shot execution.

Price is $450.....

Skippy.......
    Last edited by cbx; 03-16-17 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    From the vortex release today.

Looking for a fast, intuitive and versatile optic to maximize the performance of your AR at a price that will leave you feeling like you ripped us off? Take a look at the all-new Strike Eagle 1-8x24. With a true 1x on the low end of its 8X zoom, the Strike Eagle 1-8x24 intrinsically adapts to a wide range of scenarios, letting shooters engage targets from point-blank out to extended ranges. Home defense, competition, recreational shooting, feral hog “removal” and any task between - This scope is up for whatever you throw at it. The NEW AR-BDC2 reticle subtends with popular .556 cartridges. Center target dot with surrounding halo promotes instinctually fast target acquisition and shot execution.

Price is $450.....

Skippy.......
    Sorry but I'm not even a little bit interested in this.

A 1-8x in the Razor line might be a serious contended to this 1-8x Trijicon Accupower; but the much less feature-rich Strike Eagle line.

Feedback Score
    Keep crap about vortex out of this thread. If you have a side by side of one optic against the accupower cool put it in here but don't post hey check this out crap in here. Keep it about the trijicon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I want to be excited, but others are saying on other forums that the 1-8 has the same issues as the vcog. Namely, blurry as hell on 1x with double-image, or blurry on 8x. Take your pick, they won't both be crisp and single-image.

Feedback Score
    So I have a vcog and I have neither of these. I can see someone who is used to an acog and how it can't be focused usinga vcog and them not focusing it. My only complaint on the vcog is cloudless skies at noon sunlight turns my nuclear green into a hunter green

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I want to be excited, but others are saying on other forums that the 1-8 has the same issues as the vcog. Namely, blurry as hell on 1x with double-image, or blurry on 8x. Take your pick, they won't both be crisp and single-image.
    I've only been out shooting with mine once so far but I haven't experienced this problem with it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    So I have a vcog and I have neither of these. I can see someone who is used to an acog and how it can't be focused usinga vcog and them not focusing it. My only complaint on the vcog is cloudless skies at noon sunlight turns my nuclear green into a hunter green
    VCOG had those issues for me, and I'm used to quality 1-? variables. It also had poor illumination as you note. Here is my MK6 at high noon, for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WS6; 03-23-17 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    I still can't get down with the Mk6 because of weight and the eye box problems that I've experience. Yes my VCOG did not live up to the trijicon standard of brightness but in low light and indoors its perfect, outdoors when it's light outside I don't really need the illumination because the reticle is big enough to use. The Mk6 is small on 1x and to me it's not easy to pick up. Both are equal on glass. Just like everything else it comes down to what you want. I think it's a solid scope but it's just not what I would spend my money on.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast