Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I still can't get down with the Mk6 because of weight and the eye box problems that I've experience. Yes my VCOG did not live up to the trijicon standard of brightness but in low light and indoors its perfect, outdoors when it's light outside I don't really need the illumination because the reticle is big enough to use. The Mk6 is small on 1x and to me it's not easy to pick up. Both are equal on glass. Just like everything else it comes down to what you want. I think it's a solid scope but it's just not what I would spend my money on.
    Well when you find a 1-6 that's lighter than the MK6 (other than the VX6), please, by all means, let us know.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For those who have used it...how easy is it to pick up the reticle on 1x with the illumination OFF?

And how precise (with speed) can you be at ranges where the circle is too big for a small target but you would still be at 1x for your engagement (for example 15-25 out to 50+ yds on a 6" target)?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I have the 1-4 Accupower, Green segmented circle. For me even without turning the illumination on it is very quick to target in bright daylight with the etched segmented circle and visible crosshairs. YMMV
    The 1-4x accupower is SFP, its not an apples to apples comparison even when using the exact same reticle on a FFP.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    For those who have used it...how easy is it to pick up the reticle on 1x with the illumination OFF?

And how precise (with speed) can you be at ranges where the circle is too big for a small target but you would still be at 1x for your engagement (for example 15-25 out to 50+ yds on a 6" target)?
    The reticle is very easy to pick up and use. I ran mine through 50, 100, and 200 yard vtac barricade drills shooting at 1/2 size steel idpa targets and steel idpa targets with A-zone swingers. Reticle was good at 1x when we were going at speed at the 50 yds line. I was able to hit the a-zone every time as we transitioned from different shooting positions while we worked the timed drill. At 100 and 200 we worked the vtac barricade while engaging a 6in hostage swinger and I was nailing it with only 3-4x power. I never once felt the need to turn my illumination on at all on Saturday. I love it man. It performed great.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just don't like the uncapped turrets for this kind of optic - I looked at them @SHOT and liked the glass and reticle, just not the uncapped turrets.

Maybe on my SCAR 17 it would work, but I dislike heavy optics on the 17 with the higher rail and center of gravity, I find it likes to tip and roll with a heavy tube up there.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The turrets are my least favorite thing to me. But they are solid and wont get bumped. Its just hard to dial them in precisely the first time. I always over shoot since they are really stiff and require a little more force to twist imo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Furbyballer,

Thanks for your thoughts on the reticle. You nailed exactly what type of usage I was asking about. I'm still not sure I want 10 extra ounces on top of my 12.5" mini recce that this would go on (compared to most 1-4x options) but if I can't find anything else that suits my needs then I'll probably go with the 1-8x

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Furbyballer,

Thanks for your thoughts on the reticle. You nailed exactly what type of usage I was asking about. I'm still not sure I want 10 extra ounces on top of my 12.5" mini recce that this would go on (compared to most 1-4x options) but if I can't find anything else that suits my needs then I'll probably go with the 1-8x
    You are most welcome. As far as weight, I have long since come to terms with that much weight on my rifles since i love my razor 1-6s, but when this came out at the same weight and extra magnification, ffp, and a better mil reticle i had to try it out. I will be getting more of these and slowly replacing some of my razors.

Btw, i ran that drill with my mega sbr with 12.5in v7 barrel. Awesome combo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 04-06-17 at 06:32.

Feedback Score
    Got red MOA the other day it's daylight bright and is freaking awesome

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is the lit reticle visible when looking at the oblective lens?

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast