Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Is the lit reticle visible when looking at the oblective lens?
    I've read that it's absurdly so.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Is the lit reticle visible when looking at the oblective lens?
    yes it is

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I've read that it's absurdly so.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_1iviper View Post
    yes it is
    How far is it visible when viewing directly or a few feet away. Seems odd that trijicon would.

Maybe because its for hunting of 4 legged animals and not for hunting 2 legged targets? Which if so is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    How far is it visible when viewing directly or a few feet away. Seems odd that trijicon would.

Maybe because its for hunting of 4 legged animals and not for hunting 2 legged targets? Which if so is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    From what I've heard, sounds similar to a red Keychain led pressure activate type single cheap led light, in the amount cast.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I've seen those pics (LF.net) of the OTF illumination in low/no light. This is another reason why I ask about a reticle that is bold enough to be used without illumination. According to many here and elsewhere it is, so if you happen to need this in that environment, and that is a concern, just use your white light in conjunction with the black reticle and you should be fine...especially at the distances we're discussing here.

FWIW, I think just about every LPV scope out there will show some illumination OTF in low/no light.

Feedback Score
    I got my initial impressions review up, I'll be doing a range review later on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_1iviper View Post
    yes it is
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I've seen those pics (LF.net) of the OTF illumination in low/no light. This is another reason why I ask about a reticle that is bold enough to be used without illumination. According to many here and elsewhere it is, so if you happen to need this in that environment, and that is a concern, just use your white light in conjunction with the black reticle and you should be fine...especially at the distances we're discussing here.

FWIW, I think just about every LPV scope out there will show some illumination OTF in low/no light.
    My mk6 cranked to max is visible only when looking down the barrel. It does not shine on walls, etc. I could barely get a dull red glow on white paper held inches from the front or rear.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In case anyone was wondering about durability. This is after taking it out for the first time hunting. Rifle was slung on my back when it swung into a rock. King of disappointed the housing didn't hold up. Maybe even a Nightforce would of done this?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    In case anyone was wondering about durability. This is after taking it out for the first time hunting. Rifle was slung on my back when it swung into a rock. King of disappointed the housing didn't hold up. Maybe even a Nightforce would of done this?

I mean...it's thin aluminum, and hoops are shit for collapse properties without bracing. Doesn't matter what name is on it. Because tensile strength, elastic modulus, etc. are brand agnostic.

The real question is...did it Crack the glass? Does it still track? Did it lose zero?
    Last edited by WS6; 04-21-17 at 00:52.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast