Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My turnaround time was <2 weeks from shipping it to them to having the replacement in hand.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Those of you who currently own a Trijicon 1-8, help me out with a question please, as the internet can, at times, take an issue and blow it out of proportion.

If you have your illumination turned on and I am facing you and the muzzle of your gun, can I see the red glow in a low light situation? If so, is it enough that it could expose you and your position to an adversary in a low light situation? Is it enough of an issue to actually be an issue? Or is it something that the internet is blowing out of proportion?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Those of you who currently own a Trijicon 1-8, help me out with a question please, as the internet can, at times, take an issue and blow it out of proportion.

If you have your illumination turned on and I am facing you and the muzzle of your gun, can I see the red glow in a low light situation? If so, is it enough that it could expose you and your position to an adversary in a low light situation? Is it enough of an issue to actually be an issue? Or is it something that the internet is blowing out of proportion?
    I had a VCOG, and that sucker was BRIGHT in the manner you describe. It could totally give your position away, so to speak.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    My turnaround time was <2 weeks from shipping it to them to having the replacement in hand.
    I've sent three items in to Trijicon for repair or modification. They usually take three-four weeks, but that's not an issue for me because I have backups to backups. The last one I sent in was a TR24R that I had for five years but was just not tracking. It may have always been that way because I didn't use it much and when I did it was always inside 100 yards on 4X.

To ensure they fixed it properly I included photo copies of targets, with clear explanations. It took 5 or 6 weeks and I could tell they replaced the whole eye piece (ocular?) end of the scope as it had no +/- markings on the focus portion when I got it back.

They fixed it well because that sucker is TITS on a Ritz now.

I like to buy from American companies when I can and while Trijicon has been hit or miss with their products the good products are pretty good and they always do their best to fix stuff for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The answer is maybe. But you really would only use an illuminated reticle in low light not darkness, and in low light you turn the brightness way down. Test it for yourself.

If you are using it with a momentary light, and you have an etched reticle, you would probably be best off to leave the brightness low and rely on the blackness of the etched reticle for aiming with your light. A bright reticle will destroy your night vision and wash out the back ground.

If your opponent might reasonably be using NV then you have a whole other set of things to worry about and you should be using some form of NV. And it get worse if they have thermal, but not because of a reticle.

I would say that for home defense against an untrained opponent without NV, the reticle, if properly used/adjusted, would not be a major factor.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-29-17 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    The answer is maybe. But you really would only use an illuminated reticle in low light not darkness, and in low light you turn the brightness way down. Test it for yourself.

If you are using it with a momentary light, and you have an etched reticle, you would probably be best off to leave the brightness low and rely on the blackness of the etched reticle for aiming with your light. A bright reticle will destroy your night vision and wash out the back ground.

If your opponent might reasonably be using NV then you have a whole other set of things to worry about and you should be using some form of NV. And it get worse if they have thermal, but not because of a reticle.

I would say that for home defense against an untrained opponent without NV, the reticle, if properly used/adjusted, would not be a major factor.
    Thanks for the reply. The issue is that I have yet to find one in stock at a store locally that I can look at prior to purchasing. The usage would be on a Patrol Rifle as a LEO, especially if on a perimeter. NV and Thermal have as of yet to be a real issue with suspects in my area. Your comments about adjusting the intensity of the illumination while in a low light environment makes sense.

Thanks

Feedback Score

It's being blown out of proportion, the people that believe that type of stuff are the same jackasses that own their own nods, keep a full kit (armor, mags, med, truck gun) but they live in a gated neighborhood. This bleeding out illumination is senseless for a civilian, maybe if you're in SOF but you'd be using your PVS15/31 with a LA5 on your gun so I doubt you'd even have the reticle on. Also if it's dark outside/inside you don't need the brightness all the way up you can have it low and it's etched so if it's washedo ut from your light yous still have one.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks all. I think I'll wait for the next holiday sale and order one. Give it a shot.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have my Accupower 1-8 in hand. Red mil reticle. Brand new battery, 11 AM in North Carolina with blue skies, and it is definitely not daylight bright. If I look at a white house, the illumination is completely gone. The illumination doesn't hold a candle to an Aimpoint, Razor 1-6, or Steiner military.

I also have the Accupower 1-4, and the illumination in the 1-8 seems identical to me.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I have my Accupower 1-8 in hand. Red mil reticle. Brand new battery, 11 AM in North Carolina with blue skies, and it is definitely not daylight bright. If I look at a white house, the illumination is completely gone. The illumination doesn't hold a candle to an Aimpoint, Razor 1-6, or Steiner military.

I also have the Accupower 1-4, and the illumination in the 1-8 seems identical to me.
    Thank-you.

"Slippers'" reputation on this board is quite solid, and he needs no help from me, but I have also dealt extensively with him and his products, and he is as transparent as can be when it comes to honest assessments of materials. I am glad someone I trust to not be FOS has weighed in. Thank-you!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast