Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It's light, and it's very structurally sound.

That, and the one pictured is a 1.93" mount. Some people LOVE THEM, and some people think they are clown-shoes. Take your pick, but not a lot of 1.93's exist to choose from compared to 1.4-1.5's, so that may have narrowed the field for that poster.

The argument FOR this arrangement is that it places the optic higher, which allows the head to be oriented more vertical, which is how we are made to see the world.

The argument AGAINST is that it arose from NODS usage (a very specific application), and a few people pushed it like the Roland Special, and it's stupid and prevents a proper and repeatable cheek-weld on the gun, which can reduce control of the weapon, speed getting on the gun, stability for a long range shot, etc.
    Thanks, interesting perspective. I simply didn't think of use with NODS, it would make it easier. Being a civilian I always think in terms of dedicated NV or use with an IR laser/illuminator.

I would never be able to use a mount that high, it would require much practice.

They'd be high heel clown shoes for for my needs.

BTW I thought I'd read the Geissele mount was 8 oz, I could be wrong, I'll look it up.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-12-17 at 19:58.

Feedback Score
    Jack Leuba loves his, although he might have the ZS? I don't know. He holds instead of dials, last I asked, when using an optic like that, so I am guessing his might not be ZS?
    Thank you sir!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I see low power variable scope illumination like this:
    -Second focal plane reticle: daylight bright illumination is nice but not required, a reticle with a bold, quick aiming point is more important. Enter the NF FC-3G as a great example, the Kahles k16i SM1 could be better in this regard aswell as the Vortex Razor HD G2.
    -First focal plane reticle: daylight bright illumination likely required for fast, low power targeting due to the reticle getting smaller even if with a decently bold aiming point. The Leupold MK6 comes to mind as doing this well.

A 1-8 in my mind should be first focal or dual focal. 1-6 can go either first or second. A 1-4 should be second.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I see low power variable scope illumination like this:
    -Second focal plane reticle: daylight bright illumination is nice but not required, a reticle with a bold, quick aiming point is more important. Enter the NF FC-3G as a great example, the Kahles k16i SM1 could be better in this regard aswell as the Vortex Razor HD G2.
    -First focal plane reticle: daylight bright illumination likely required for fast, low power targeting due to the reticle getting smaller even if with a decently bold aiming point. The Leupold MK6 comes to mind as doing this well.

A 1-8 in my mind should be first focal or dual focal. 1-6 can go either first or second. A 1-4 should be second.
    What is big and bold about the rzr gen II 1-6 reticle?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    What is big and bold about the rzr gen II 1-6 reticle?
    Nothing, I said it could be better. For a second focal plane reticle it is basically illumination dependent. The Kahles SM1 could have a bolder segmented circle around the aiming dot also, the Razor could use a segmented circle around the center also. The discontinued k16i SM2 with 2 moa canter dot is decently bold and has has daylight visible illumination, it is fast up close but gives up some precise aiming at distance by obscururing the target. For this reason I think it will be perfectly at home on a 12.5" SBR and I am looking for the Kahles K16i of 1-8s for my recce. Where is it? Is the accupower it?
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 05-15-17 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nothing, I said it could be better. For a second focal plane reticle it is basically illumination dependent. The Kahles SM1 could have a bolder segmented circle around the aiming dot also, the Razor could use a segmented circle around the center also. The discontinued k16i SM2 with 2 moa canter dot is decently bold and has has daylight visible illumination, it is fast up close but gives up some precise aiming at distance by obscururing the target. For this reason I think it will be perfectly at home on a 12.5" SBR and I am looking for the Kahles K16i of 1-8s for my recce. Where is it? Is the accupower it?
    Aha I misread.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just got a notification from Trijicon saying they have repaired mine and are sending it back free of charge. Wahoo!

Feedback Score
    Trijicon is pretty good about getting your stuff back to you on a quick turn around.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So, how did you use that S&B 1.1-4 SD during the daytime without illumination back when "it was the standard"? For those who don't know, here is the reticle on 1x without illumination:

(handily posted by you a while back, actually!)

Basically, I think your post defines daylight bright illumination "as the standard" since you've been using LPV's...

I used the S&B for only a short time and generally on 4X (because of the gun it was on). I spent most of my time using the USO SN4 (on 1X).

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For this reason I think it will be perfectly at home on a 12.5" SBR and I am looking for the Kahles K16i of 1-8s for my recce. Where is it? Is the accupower it?
    Could the Swaro 1-8 be it?

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/huntin...BRT-I-p5265639

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast